Joshua asked God to let the Sun stand still.....and he did it? How? Why?

by Witness 007 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Joshua wasn't done butchering people, "not enough time in the day" to chop up "God's enemies" so he says: "Yeah hi Jehovah, just wondering if you could make the sun stand still for me so I can continue the slaughter...thanks." No problem! God stops the earths rotation {which should cause it to drift from the sun or crash into the moon} and holds it for Joshua.

Does this story sound alittle bit like....crap?

• reniaa
    reniaa

It's a miracle that you either believe or don't!

Matthew 19:26
    Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Are we going to discuss the ten plagues of egypt next?

Reniaa

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

I reconciled this by assuming that God simply made the sun look as if it was motionless. Basically, by using mirrors.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

A phenomena like that would have been recored by ALL the astronmers of that time, was it?

• reniaa
    reniaa

he maybe could have just stopped time! who knows? As God is the maker of the physical laws we live by anything is possible.

Reniaa

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sounds like a Star Trek Temproal Bubble formed around the area of the battle.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

He "used mirrors".....what like David Cooperfield? Giant "space mirrors" to reflect sunlight. He "stopped time"...yeah okay. Why didn't Jehovah just kill the evildoers himself instead of messing with the whole planet over one battle between Jews and Pagans?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

stoppint time, would have required all molecules to stop moving

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Wouldn't there be a "day" missing from the earths cycle history....one brother told me NASA had data that showed this....but it was proved a hoax.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It was a miracle alright, Ren.

A miracle anybody still believes that crap.

And remember, the Bible doesn't say time stopped, it doesn't say the earth stopped turning, it says the sun stood still. Do you believe that that is what happened Ren?

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit