Compare Bethel with the LDS HQ in Salt Lake City

by POs Son 16 Replies latest jw friends

• reniaa
    reniaa

why do people always compare Jws with mormons on here rather than catholic church or anglicans etc who also have centralised leadership and building for said leaders to live in?

Reniaa

• Marlene
    Marlene

Reniaa- I encourage you to check out the Ex-Mormon site: http://www.exmormon.org/

You'll see the stories are eerily similar to the ones found here.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Ren, you Dubs have far more in common with Morons than Catholics or Anglicans, firstly you have a set of weird and strange belief systems, you adhere to a centralized committee of men to control you, you both have an obsession of constantly promoting numerical growth, you both promote the belief that the bible cannot be understood on it's own, you both have large sexual scandals that have rocked both organizations, you both dress in a similar way, you both do door knocking work, not much in similar with the Catholic/Anglican churches there is there Ren, also in bugs Dubs that they are compared to Morons, and the biggest factor is they both LIE.

• reniaa
    reniaa

jookbeard are you serious with your post that anglican and catholics haven't had sex scandals that rocked there orgs, to this day catholics have made the biggest payouts known for any church in the courts, and anglicans have had their fair share never mind baptists etc but that is a side issue.

They are all centralised in leadership with the leaders deciding the doctrine for the whole.

1 john 5:7 additions is a proven catholic lie put in the bible by them.

I'm sure if I went to an ex(insert religious or political group here) I would get a lot of negative stuff.

Basically this whole thread is just a fallacy.

Reniaa

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

of course not Ren , they have had their fair share of scandals as well, just not as big or as bad as the WTS, and as far as I know they do not actively condone pedophilia like the WTS does, Elder Ren! hit a nerve did it Ren, do you post as a Mormon apologist on their forums as well?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

DOn't let Reniaa hijack this thread...it is a pretty good thread....ignore

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

one thing I have noticed is that the Morons have certainly cold called me far more in the years I have since left the WTS, still more in common with the WTS except the Duds are not being very zealous in it any more

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit