Jehovah's Witnesses in Buckingham Palace

by Scarred for life 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I was fortunate enough to visit the UK on vacation. One of the places we visited was Buckingham Palace which is open for 6 weeks every summer. We were there on Tuesday, July 28. I saw a group of 5 women that all had on "Keep on the Watch" tags. The only reason I even knew what their tags meant was from reading this board and I knew that was the theme of their current DAs. I don't know whether these women had skipped a session or if they had just completed their assembly or it was getting ready to start. But they certainly all made a point of wearing their tags. I figured they were picking out what they wanted or what room they were going to live in when Armageddon comes! LOL!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

If you saw them on a Tuesday, this would have been days before or after the absurdsembly.

They were hoping to get a chance to witness to Her Royal Majesty.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Wouldn't be the first time. There was an incident in New Zealand in the 50s when a Maori JW approached the Queen while she was on a State visit and gave her a copy of "New Heavens and a New Earth." It caused quite a scene as one is not supposed to approach the Queen uninvited.

• Mary
    Mary
    They were hoping to get a chance to witness to Her Royal Majesty.

Ya.....rumour has it that her daddy, King George VI used to read the Asleep! magazines. And I remember that when Charles and Diana got married, someone gave them a copy of Making Your Family Life Happy.

Obviously they never read it.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Obviously they never read it.

Or maybe they did. I knew plenty of dubs that divorced after studying that mish-mash. Hmmm, I remember that some got rather heated about certain topics when we studied it in the congregation.

Chuck: "Let's study this chapter about headship!"

Di: "Let's study this part about husbands not kanoodling other women... who look like ugly men!"

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

There were photos of the queen in New Zealand back in the '50s as well as displays of some of the clothes that she wore. I wonder if there are any photos of the JWs approaching her?

Well, she escaped to Scotland to get away from them this time. She was hiding at Balmoral!

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

rumour has it that her daddy, King George VI used to read the Asleep! magazines.

Well, maybe he was so distraught during WWII and the Blitz that he was looking to anything for answers. I've read that he was a very shy, non-assertive man who had never thought he would be king.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I found the reference to the JWs giving books to the Queen in the 1981 Yearbook, pp 240-241:

ROYAL VISITORS RECEIVE LITERATURE

Early in 1954 the Queen of England learned from a Maori sister of the activity of Jehovah’s Witnesses in New Zealand. The Wellington, New Zealand, Dominion newspaper explained:

“A Bible and a book published by the Watchtower Society were unexpectedly handed to the Queen by a Maori woman who came on the dais at McLean Park, Napier, today to be presented to Her Majesty and the Duke of Edinburgh. Mr. and Mrs. Tuiri Tareha were two among the 74 people presented to the Royal visitors. Instead of shaking the Queen’s hand, Mrs. Tareha passed to Her Majesty a small, neatly-wrapped brown-paper parcel.”

The package contained the New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures and a copy of the book “New Heavens and a New Earth.” Brother Tareha explained, as a newspaper report quoted him: “The Queen once said that she wished that she had the wisdom of Solomon so that she could rule her people with equity and justice. We were confident that these books would help her.”

• Mary
    Mary
    Di: "Let's study this part about husbands not kanoodling other women... who look like ugly men!"

LOL! Ya no kidding eh? Oh god, I was flipping the channels the other night and I turned to the Comedy channel and they were doing a skit of Charles and Camilla outside of Buckingham Palace beating the shit out of each other and Camilla swearing her head off. Then the Queen Mother is glued to the gates with a bottle of gin in her hand cheering Charles on. I was killing myself laughing.......

• Scarred for life

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit