The possibility of reform?

by Norm 17 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Nice post, Norm.

Sadly you've highlighted yet another example of the Borg's 'doublespeak'. It's well worth present JWs who have doubts to give consideration to what you've written.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

The faith that stands on authority, is not faith.
    Emerson

• Perry
    Perry

Excellent post Norm.

Made me think of a scripture; " 'Master, we saw someone casting out demons in your name and we tried to prevent him because he does not follow along with us'. But Jesus said to him, 'Do not hinder him; for he who is not against you is for you' ".

Imagine the audacity of that individual to assume that he could have a relationship and power from Christ without the approval of the Twelve! Surely Jesus must have made a mistake when he said the above.

I'm sure what really happened is that John very meekly told Jesus that he had made a mistake. Then Peter, always ready to take action, told Jesus not to worry and that he would go run interference for him. He then went over there and helped the poor man to appreciate that he unwittingly had bypassed God's Channel of Communication and was in effect running ahead of the organization. The man was given some literature and a bible study was started on the spot. He agreed to stop preaching about Jesus until he had readjusted his thinking to be in harmony with the arrrangement.

He was asked to do some personal study and told that once he was an approved asociate, he could then be given some territory to work with a more experienced evangelist. However, he could not receive a "Kingdom Ministry" until his meeting attendance was up. Unfortunately, he would not be able to report time either until a committee meeting had reviewed his status. Then, Judas walked up and explained the "contribution" arangement for the literature.

Years later, the man reflected on his good fortune to have met these men. Curiously, he had lost the ability to cast out demons but he was finely rewarded with greater responsibility, a new title, and a conviction that he had been divinely appointed. He knew that he was well on his way to becoming a "prince" on the earth after God killed all the people who rejectied his loving provision for food at the proper time.

Just think, the entire course of world history would have been changed if John and Peter had not kindly corrected the Master from making such an obvious organizational blunder!

• You Know
    You Know

The thing is: we haven't even got into the proverbial stormy sea yet. No doubt when we do get into a real tempestuous situation lots more will jump ship and perhaps a good number will be jettisoned overboard with the ol'e millstone necklace. / You Know

• Eric
    Eric
    perhaps a good number will be jettisoned overboard with the ol'e millstone necklace. / You Know

And Booby, the wannabe King-priest, with no power in this life, will jerk-off wildly as he watches from behind the bushes on the shore.

What else is new?

Eric

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Norm,
    Hoist them with their own petard, heh? An unassailable method, imho.

At first, it seems as though the WTS is a yappy little dog that can't hurt anyone, nipping at the heels of the RCC. They don't waste their time on a counter-attack nor defense of the JWs.

Then it seemed too bad no one was doing an in-depth analysis and rebuttal of the WTS. DUH! The explosion of the Internet has given a powerful voice to the exposers of the WTS, a voice heard around the world and reaches many more people than the door-knockers do.

Well done! Bravo!

Cheers!
    Pat

• Scully
    Scully

The complete and utter irony is that while JWs would not hesitate for an instant to point out the flaws in the Catholic Church and pronounce the Catholic Church to be a 'merely human organization that does not have God's spirit and blessing' and then proceed to encourage Catholics to "jump ship", when it happens the other way around and a JW notices.... FLAWS in the doctrine of JWs, UNLOVING BEHAVIOUR among JWs, LIES from the Governing Body to the R&F JWs, SCANDALS involving pedophile elders and other prominent ones (hello Leo Greenlees, the GB member who "loved" little boys a little too much!) among JWs.... they always cling to the world-wide preaching work as being the evidence of them being "God's Organization". They say "well you can't expect humans to be perfect". They urge followers to remain loyal and "wait on Jehovah". "Wait on JEHOVAH"??? Holy crap, man, HE LEFT A LONG FRIGGING TIME AGO!!

I once told someone that without LOVE in the Organization, it didn't matter ONE BIT how much preaching they did in how many lands, it would be considered as a 'sounding piece of brass or cymbal'; without LOVE, the preaching work is "NOTHING". 1Cor 13:1-3

Love, Scully

It is not persecution for an informed person to expose a certain religion as being false. - WT 11/15/63

• battman
    battman

Perry,

What a great analogy. Very good thoughts that
    I will print out and pass along.

Cheers,
    battman

• Norm
    Norm

Hi Folks,

Thanks for your comments. I wish you all a continued merry Christmas and a good new year.

I am off to the Canaries tomorrow morning where I will be for the next two weeks.

Best regards,

Norm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit