First time researching the WT organisation

by oscartheduck 15 Replies latest jw friends

• oscartheduck
    oscartheduck

Thanks for all the encouragment and information.

Last night I was talking to my girlfriend about all this stuff and mentioned that there was the 1984 style "doublethink" filter, applying an argument to certain select targets only, especially with the research.

I think I phrased it "You're to test out other religions to prove their ideas are false, but if you question us you're arrogant and need to develop humility."

I saw an interesting quote from a recent watchtower: "Fight against independant thinking."

Made me giggle.

============================
    The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126 "As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible "

• RR
    RR

Hey Howard, you forgot to quote the whole thing

Sometimes a members of a class will refuse to engage in the canvassing for the books because there are some mistakes in the books .... As everyone knows, there are mistakes in the Bible ..."

• TR
    TR

Welcome, Oscartheduck!

Fred, you zero, Oscar is already familiar with 'hovah teachings. When are you going to realize we WERE JWs!? We're familiar with the crap, that's why we left.

TR

I'm gonna make mince meat outta that Osama!

• Perry
    Perry

Welcome Oscar!

I just started posting here myself. Good luck in your search. There are a lot of good people here that have a lot of well thought out viewpoints information.

I must agree with Francois about the Jehovahs Witnesses in the Divine Purpose book. I let my copy get away from me several years ago but I remember it being full of talk about demons. Stuff like everything was demonized those days. Its a very good read to determine the mind set of the 1960's.

Welcome Aboard,

Perry

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Oscar,

welcome on this board. I ca assure you

that the time spent here will not be waisted.

As you are keen on research about the Watchtower

Bible and Tract Society (WTBS), remember always

what they claim to be:

fro: the book - Theocratic Ministry Guidebook -

published in 1971 revised in 1992, chapter 21,

page 110, § 9 "...Accuracy of statement.

Jehovah's witnesses are an organisation of truth. "

This part it is only the beginning of the §,

please read the rest, and use it always.

You have alraedy received many suggestions,

and I would like to repeat the one about the

book : " Jehovah's witnesses in the divine

purpose" published by the WTBS in 1958.

It will surprise you.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• ISP
    ISP

welcome to the board, oscar...I am sure you can get whatever you need from the board! Look forward to hearing from you!

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit