Will they have to drive to Kamloops BC forever?

by 1914BS 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 1914BS
    1914BS

Well that might happen if the GB has it's way. In British Columbia, the Vanvouver/lower-mainland dubbies have to travel hundreds of miles (through shark infested swamps) to get to the convention center in Kamloops. I think the center can hold 20 thousand and there was five conventions (I think) this year so that means about 100,000 dubs had to make that trip. If any Jdub does not make the trip then they will be put on the watch list for apostacy. The average Jdub family spends 1500 dollars to make the trip and one lost day because friday is a convention day. Employers should be aware that any employees wanting a day off on friday might be fixin to head up-country to take in the slobber fest.

I laugh at the way the GB controls their lives, just like they used to control me, until I said the fuck with them and left in 1985.

• 1914BS
    1914BS

The dubs think the trip to Kamloops is some kind of divine directive by the slobbering body

• misguided
    misguided

It killed my grandma...she insisted on having her own hotel room and not stay with my parents hotel room while going to the Kamloops assembly last year. She fell and broke her hip - and ended up gettin c-diff at the hospital in Surrey after she got home. She was 98. She went to the assembly with her broken hip and waited until she got home before she got treatment. What a f\'n cult.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Sounds like this one (1) trip to Kamloops burns up more fuel than fifty-two (52) neighborhood bible studies combined.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

LOL.shark infested swamps...I love Kamloops....at least I know when to avoid the area...lol..sammieswife.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

What's up with Kamloops anyways? I don't understand why they're forcing Okanagan witnesses to drive to Kamloops for when they can rent arena in Kelowna? Watchtower must make some sort of better profit from this. Where did you hear that Vancouver witnesses may be forced to go there for conventions?

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I think the center can hold 20 thousand and there was five conventions (I think) this year so that means about 100,000 dubs had to make that trip.

Kamloops is a small venue holding about 5000 at max. I believe the average attendance was about 3500 at any one ASSembly. The reason...I think that all the ASSemblies were moved from the Lower Mainland was vendors. The WTBTS will not allow any vender's to be opened at their little events. I believe in most cases vender's have a contract with the facility that they will be open at any and all events. I do think a BEER vendor or two might improve attendance.

They did try one or two ASSemblies in Chilliwack a few years ago but that fizzled out. Before you know it all ASSemblies will be held in tents on farmers fields. Yes they have truly come a long way in Canada.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

For almost 20 years they had the summer Assembly at the Pacific Coliseum, I remember they usually had in attendance on Sunday of

about 14,000, quite a chop of a venue down to one thats only 5000. I know of alot of JWS hate going to Kamloops because

of the distance and the costs involved, people from Vancouver Island might even have to travel there also but I'm not sure.

I know my family hate it, big time.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Quite frankly the commercial businesses in Kamloops must like the JWS having their conventions there, a good boost to the city's economy.

• Poztate
    Poztate

The Kamloops businesses LOVE IT It gives the town a great economic boost in the summer (hot,dry little desert town) and they certainly reinforce their economic power by insisting on the wearing of lapel badges at all times when out for dinner or shopping after the sessions.

The Pacific Coliseum and B.C. Place were their days of glory. They are know shriveling up to a pathetic little niche cult.. In B.C. at least.

May the trend continue...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit