WHAT WAS THE AVERAGE NUMBERS OF MEMBERS IN YOUR CONGREGATIONS?

by badboy 18 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

ANY TAKERS

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

About 100, give or take...

• villabolo
    villabolo

About the same as above, a 100. There were not seats for more than 150.

villabolo

• caliber
    caliber

100 -120 or after the split 60-70.... that is the ideal number to keep everyone busy..busy..busy

After 100 everyone becomes too comfy ... .... plus you lose tight controls & spying ability

JW's are strong into the "Job Creation Program "

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Amen to that Caliber!

• Casper
    Casper

80 on a good day... mostly made up of 3 long term families

Cas

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

100 Plus..

As 1975 got closer a lot more people came to meetings..

Congregations had to split and use the same hall on different days or different times..

Pre 1975 was an Armageddon Frenzy..

..................OUTLAW

• RR
    RR

352 in the first congregation I was affiliated with in the Bronx. I was part of 3 others and they all averaged over 150

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It was on either side of 86--that was the number that came up the most. Oddly enough, people moved out as quickly as they came in out of the field (or later, from children within the congregation or moving in from other congregations). As of now, I do not know the exact number--and, when I do find out, it will not be worth the price to get that piece of information (plus I will not be able to post the number once I find out--by being dragged right back to add one to the number).

• brinjen
    brinjen

My congregation used to have around 100 publishers. Stumbled upon a brother's social networking page from that cong around a year ago who said they had around 40 publishers... and were having to get other congregations to assist them with covering their territory... either I wasn't the only one who left or a lot of families moved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit