David did it! He is in front of the White House right now!

by coffee_black 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Incredible.

• cawshun
    cawshun

You have an amazing son, which tells me he has an amazing mother!

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

What a crazy summer it has been! David starts back to school today.

He didn't get to meet Obama, but he did get to meet Mel Martinez (who is leaving DC) and the staff of Bill Nelson and the staff of his Congressman. He toured the Capitol with them, and shared some ideas and experiences from his walk. He visited 2 shelters in DC...Covanent House and Sasha Bruce. Apparently his story appeared on the Today Show last Monday. I didn't get to see it, and there's no video available on the net...but several friends did get to see it. The local story in DC is here http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/32442441/

All seems quiet at the moment....

Coffee

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Well, that was 3 years ago. David still volunteers at the homeless shelter. Still keeps in contact with some of the shelters he visited. David is now a senior in High School, and planning College. His Senior pics below. His plans have changed since he did his walk. He no longer wants to go into politics. Says there 's too much corruption...and that it seems to ruin good people. He plans to be a doctor...

Coffee

David

• free @ last
    free @ last

Handsome. Is this your son?

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Grandson...

Coffee

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

I'll never forget his cross-country walk. It was very inspiring and it's awesome that he's still volunteering. Good luck to him in college.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Agreed, Hemp... I will not forget his monumental walk, either!

Lovely to have an update, Dear Coffee... (and heaven help us all... he's right about politics.)

Love,
    Baba.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit