what apostate info was around in early 80's?

by highdose 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

I have tons of "apostate info" from that time. They are Awakes and WTs and most of their library. If Russel was alive today he would be an apostate.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Barbara Grizzutti Harrison's book, "Visions of Glory," was first published in the late '70s.

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

In the late seventies in London, I remember a pioneer sister having mentioned to me, in hushed voice, that there was an apostate book called "escaped from the tower", written by a former JW. I wonder if she was referring to Shnell's book, since I've never heard about that book again.

• designs
    designs

I studied Walter Martin's 'Kingdom Of The Cults" with a XJesuit/Lawyer for 2 years. Interesting time. Poor old Walter wasn't much of a scholar.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I studied Walter Martin's 'Kingdom Of The Cults" with a XJesuit/Lawyer for 2 years.

Frankly, I found that to be rather condescending and mean-spirited. He feigned sensitivity and understanding, while at the same time berating the JWs for their lack of intelligence. I thought he was kind of an ass.

• designs
    designs

Do you remember his Radio show. It had demonstrations like the Service Meeting, how to witness to a Witness, pretty funny.

• belbab
    belbab

Heather and Gary Botting wrote the book "The Orwellian World of Jehovah's Witnesses" first printed in 1984.

M. James Penton published the book, Apocalypse Delayed in 1985.

belbab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit