Do You See Things In Either Black or White or Gray?

by minimus 13 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

.....being raised with strategy I see majority of things in shades of grey......

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I used to be zero tolerance on many things, still am on a few, but I have learned that things are not so balck and white.

I am hardly perfect and screw up far more than I care t admit to myself and I know that if I was to judge myself how I jusge others, I'd be getting whippied by a black leather clad domanatrix that looks like Jessica Alba.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

A few years ago a client said to me that "between black and white are all the colors of the rainbow"

undercover

I doubt anyone can be completely honest about everything. There has to be middle ground.

But when it comes to the big things I still think in terms of black and white. Either you stole or you didn't. Either you had a sexual encounter or relationship with someone else or you didn't.

I grew up in a family of compulsive liars. I can't stomach it. And I won't have them in my life.

• excito-are
    excito-are

I have learned since leaving the jw mindset, that humanity / life is not black and white but many shades of grey. Thinking in absolutes is not thinking at all, and made me intolerant, ignorant and narrow minded. I now try whether looking for truth, wisdom or understanding certain situations for true discussion and an open mind.

Excito

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit