i need a scipture

by DaCheech 14 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i'm a little rusty on scriptures lately (i'm learning to not give a damn about WT)

anyway, i need someone to help me find the scritures where it talks about the ones responsible

over us being double responsible for us. in other words if we fall because of the elders they are blood guilty

thank you

Dacheech

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

i don't know if there is a scripture with regards to what you are saying.

I know there is a scrip that they use that says the elders should be as shade in a desert, shepherds blahblah....but then if they fail they use the "we are all imperfect and fall short of the glory of god" scrip,

but you can use "you must be perfect as I am perfect" back at em....

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

thanks, let's see if anyone can help me more specifically

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

1 Tim 5

3 Presbyters who preside well deserve double honor, especially those who toil in preaching and teaching

???

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Not sure what you are thinking of, but there is the stern warning to the disciples about "stumbling" little ones (especially non-disciples, as the context of the "independent exorcist" suggests) in Mark 9:42ff//.

More related to the "elders/flock" relationship but also more vague is Hebrews 13:17: "Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls and will give an account."

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Actually, scripture is pretty clear that we will answer four our own sins, beleifs and such, there is no excuse of "following orders" or I was "told to do this", it falls on Us to TEST what we are taught to see if it is true, Paul mentions this a few times.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

heb 13: 17
    4 Obey your leaders and defer to them, for they keep watch over you and will have to give an account, that they may fulfill their task with joy and not with sorrow, for that would be of no advantage to you.
  • DaCheech
    DaCheech

i think and thank narkissos, I think that is the scripture I needed.

thanks.

anyway pass this scripture to all the ones that support the wrong that the wt and their elders have done

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

James 3:1?

"Not many of YOU should become teachers, my brothers, knowing that we shall receive heavier judgment."

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I think perhaps AnnOmaly got it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit