JWs who don't believe they have the truth. What percent?

by I quit! 22 Replies latest jw friends

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"I don't think that they believe that it is all false...they are selective in what they choose to ignore."

I think that is a rather correct statement.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What makes it difficult is that they are programmed to say that they believe it's the truth (and that they are happy in it), under threat of getting put out of it and having their lives disrupted. You see people posting on these forums, but having to be careful because someone will rat them out to Brother Hounder. Such as a family member ratting out someone exclaiming that they hate the religion, or that they do not know what to believe any more.

Of course, they have other ways to deal with this, notably fear and sleep deprivation. Outside sources are made to look as if they were from Satan, and people are expected to "keep up with the Celestial Chariot" by keeping up with the latest takes of all the doctrines (including the ones that make absolutely no sense since everyone belongs to it, yet they are to tell the differences between them). Which takes up all their time.

And, if they are supposed to be in field circus between 5:30 AM and 1:30 AM the next day, sleep deprivation is real. And this card is most suitable for force-reindoctrinating apostates that they feel have an extremely high "potential" (mostly single men with no prospects). Given only 3 or 4 hours of sleep per night, most people can be broken down in time to at least fake belief in a system (or at least comply under threats from the group itself). All of which makes it that much more difficult to tell if they really believe it's the truth (albeit with a few minor problems and faults) or not.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

The great majority of them will always believe it's "the truth" so long as the organisation does not teach the trinity, immortal soul, hellfire, keep using Jehovah's name, teach a resurrection back to earth, and hold out the hope of eternal life in a paradise earth hope. Those are the 6 main branches of doctrine that keep them all believing it. As long as those don't change, everything else is mostly peripheral and will be ignored or forgiven in the minds of most JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit