Family Worship VITAL FOR SURVIVAL - Oct 09 WT Study Edition

by Hopscotch 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Heaven
    Heaven

"Family Worship". Yeah... if you have a family left in tact, that is. Guess that ain't gonna work for my family. Thanks, WTS!

"Be Creative"?!!!! There is absolutely nothing creative about being mind-controlled. Nothing!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Not just fear tactics, this article sets up the parents to have a guilt trip!!!

We know from the PEW study on religion, that Jehovah's Witness children have the highest attrition rates, with two-thirds leaving the religion upon attaining adulthood. Why do most leave? Some because they can't handle the strict rules; most becuase they realize it's "not right" and a cult...or they outgrow the 3rd grade teaching style in the literature, inability to question the religion, etc. etc. etc.

By putting more responsibilty on the parents for bringing children into the Truth, the Watchtower can also place more blame on the aprents when the children leave the Truth. This article not only instills fear in the parents, it instills a terrible amount of guilt as well.

My own father said, "If I had been a better father, you'd be in the Truth." I saw the guilt he was carrying. I gently told him that he was wrong to think such a thing, and that my problems with the religion were numerous and had nothing to do with his parenting or husbandry. It had to do with the authoritative stiffling of any independent thought, the misquotes in the literature, the false dates, the generation change, the United Nations problems, the pedophile coverups, the hypocrisy in the blood doctrines, shunning policies, the new bapstismal oath alledgance to the Watchtower Society, college ban, etc. etc. etc. I told him I had serious misgivings about the foundation of the Watchtower Society and what it became. He listened, and never said that line or argument again.

Skeeter

• undercover
    undercover

C

U

L

T

• sir82
    sir82

Well that didn't take long.

The articles in the October Watchtower were likely written in June or July, if not earlier.

Half a year after the "new loving provision" to save us gas money to help us have a "Family Worship Night", the scolding begins. After just a few months, COs are apparently reporting back that "Family Worhip" is

(A) Hit or miss

(B) Impractical

(C) Unenjoyable

(D) Uncreative

Ahem....may I say to the "celebrated Watchtower scholars" who dreamed up this mess...

Well DUH! What did you morons expect?

Your 5 meetings a week are impractical, unenjoyable, and uncreative. Did you really expect parents to suddenly & autonomously develop skills that they have never learned from being a JW?

Is it any wonder that after a month or 2 of boring, dull, family study, the effort is abandoned because CSI: New York is on?

Idiots.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I notice a few problems with this article. First, they are going to build Family Waste the Evening night on practice field circus (as if wasting the whole day wasn't enough, now they have to practice more). Between that and listening to old dramas and videos from the Washtowel Slaveholdery, it is going to get old in a big hurry.

And yes, I did notice that they don't want singles mixing on Family Waste the Evening night. Instead, they are to waste the evening by themselves. There are two reasons for this--first, they wouldn't want to give the witlesses any more opportunities to find a mate (with the excuse that fornication could happen). And they don't want small groups studying the Bible independently, leading to someone finding that the Washtowel doesn't follow the Bible as they claim and/or that the Bible lies.

Practice field circus is no good, either. In practice sessions, everything always works well in the end, and they always take the study. Never do they run into anyone that knows the Bible well enough to see the scam, or better that the Bible lies and Original Sin is part of a whopper scam. If they don't realize that the majority of people in the territory are either rooted in their own religions, do not want religion, or see through it, they are going to little more than waste people's lives running from door to door.

I wonder if anyone else noticed that, while the hounder-hounder talk ordered hounders to make sure people are wasting four hours for Family Waste the Evening Night, this article only stated that two hours was enough. (And, if you are still going to boasting sessions and the hounder-hounder shows up, if he gives a quota of four hours). Making this enjoyable? What child doesn't enjoy wasting 4 hours on the same f***ing video or practicing field circus (or the Young People Ask--Answers That Do Not Work book), when they have a science test to study for?

I predict that, if they strictly enforce this, there are going to be a lot of problems getting children in on this. Children cannot sit there and pay attention to two, let alone four, hours of this bulls*** at a sitting. You are going to see a lot of boredom, children intentionally disrupting the session after about 20 minutes (ever notice how many bedtime stories take four hours to read?), going off-topic, and outright temper tantrums when Family Waste the Evening night is approaching. Better not to even attempt to waste all that time--for starters, 2 (or 4) hours is a good block of time to study, learn, or play instead of wasting it on this crap.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

So Tony draws closer to Jehovah by reading the Insight book.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Oh puhlease!

They were saying that about the group book study for over a hundred years but saw fit to do away with it over night.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

What I hate is how I have to express appreciation for them allowing me to study the bible with my family.

What pomposity, what presumption!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

How to make the "Family Worship" fun:

While reading aloud each paragraph, end each sentence with a swear or a curse.

You may also end each sentence with "under the sheets" or "in bed".

(Please go back up to the scan of the article and try it out... have fun!)

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

Skeeter wrote,"This article not only instills fear in the parents, it instills a terrible amount of guilt as well."

A few weeks ago, one of our more mightier than though elders said in one of his talks that the elders know for a certainty which families were not following the direction on family worship night. He said the evidence is painfully obvious, and it manifests itself in everything we do.

I wanted to stand on my chair and flip him the bird with both hands, as I knew I was among those he was talking about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit