Amarillo City Representatives Went to Bethel--Look what they said...

by CrimsonBleu 32 Replies latest jw friends

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Well, the three man delegation must have been briefed on proper dress code for visiting Bethels, or else they would have gotten there and been turned away......

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

AK Jeff,

I used to attend the DC in Amarillo with my parents back in the 80s. We used to make our annual Saturday night pilgrimage to the Big Texan for steaks.

• lrkr
    lrkr

XJW- We probably crossed paths. I remember that trek too. There was always someone who tried the oversized, free steak (and then everybody whispered about them being a glutton the next day!!)

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

This makes me want to gag. Especially the part about the WTS being put in charge of the economy. Obviously they had no idea when they said that.

Hopscotch

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

The least credible part of it(other than the alleged closing being sincere if indeed written at all) was the bit about the rates being raised JUST FOR THE "brothers". The economy is sucky all over. Rates are not raised for one group as implied by the letter. They may have been raised for the season or they may have raised everything a little knowing that a huge bunch of their normal visitors were not coming that summer and were trying to make it up off of all their customers. Rates generally raise regularly. AH, it's always persecution, isn't it?

Well, that is my view-but who else would even GO to amarillo in the summer? On purpose? You all ever BEEN there? Dallas, even on a muggy Nov. can be unbearable w/o AC. (ok, I've never been to amarillo:))

• White Dove
    White Dove

Germany's economy got better after Hitler came to power, but it wasn't a good thing for everyone. A dictatorship is usually worse than whatever it fixes. That is my answer to "you should rule the government."

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

According to my JW sister, the GB predicted the current fall of the economy and 911. Good grief. We all saw the economy crash under the Bush Jr. presidency.

• bobld
    bobld

So, who did Amarillo City NOT give breaks,to the brothers or the WBTS.The WBTS said they scheduled only one convention in Amarillo and rescheduled the other 3 or 4 conventions in other cities many many many miles away.Oh.yeah the brothers got the short end of the stick.Oh well it is ok,because they have to pay more for gas,etc,blind they are.

Bob

• Mickey mouse
  • PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Maybe I missed something. 5,000+ convention attenders spent over $2,000,000 in one weekend? That's about $4,000 per person, right? Now just how is that possible?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit