easier to leave...born ins or joined later???...i know the answer........

by oompa 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Lucky Calamity
    Lucky Calamity

I am a 3rd gen, born-in, but my parents weren't baptized til their mid-20s, and my mother converted, so I totally agree about the ego thing, Tuesday.

Mom could not own being wrong about ANYthing, so if it ever occurred to her to doubt, she'd eventually shove it away somewhere.

My dad was baptized after living a worldly life and after his mom converted in the late 60's - early 70's, so it's weird to say 3rd generation, I guess, since they all had their conversions somewhat late in life, and probably (I think) within the same 10-year time frame. None of them had to grow up in the shit like I did.

; I don't know when my grandma was dunked, but I think she was in her 40's or 50's.

In any event their egos were mightily invested in that conversion, with its complete submission to the Jehobo crapolo.

• Lucky Calamity
    Lucky Calamity

It's like stepping off a cliff only because the lions are bearing down and there's nowhere to go.

I agree that it can feel that way, hybridous, esp. if you don't have enough emotional support, etc., but the Witnesses want us to believe that it will always be that way and reassure themselves that we will fail, fail, fail on the outside, and if we buy into it, we will.

Unfortunately, many of us born-ins go out into a world where we are socially retarded because of the borg's isolation, so it can be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

All around, being born in sucks a$$.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I agree with startingovernow. It has a lot more to do with how much a person truly believed. Both born-ins and converts have a lot to lose with family and friends and shunning.

It is the ones that believed it in every fiber of their mind that have to adjust to the deep disappointment of finding out it was all a facade. These people have invested very heavily in their lives, sacrificed for and trusted a lie.

If you never really believed, you have the shunning part to deal with, but not the deep psychological letdown.

It is hard either way. The society makes sure of that.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

born in.....feel like i'm stuck in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit