http://blog.beliefnet.com/news/2009/08/jehovahs-witnesses-win-more-th.php

Lily

• Honesty
    Honesty

Why didn't they 'wait on Jehovah' instead of suing the company they worked

for that fired them for not working?

• megawatt
    megawatt

Interesting. No mention if the supervisor had any history of discrimination or if the requests submitted abide by the company's policy.

At my place of work, all time off and vacation request must be submitted 30 days in advance and APPROVED. No matter what, religious or other wise (outside of being sick or loss in the family, unforseen circumstances).

What's the point? Just make it a personnel or sick day. No harm in that and according to the WT, this is spritual warfare! If it means to tell a white lie or 2 to make it to a boring ass assembly, so be it :D ! Unless the WT wants to make you a martyr and tell your experience of keeping the faith and trusting in jehovah years down the road at assemblies and how you were rewarded by the sue happy legal system! What a blessing!

• rebel8
    rebel8

I'm surprised they were awarded money. I don't know what country this is, but if it's the US, AFAIK, only religious holidays are on fixed dates which the company must respect. A meeting, which is offered on dozens of other dates with exactly the same content, wouldn't seem to qualify as a situation in which the company had to give the employees a specific set of dates off.

Am I missing something?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I saw JWs say that when victims of pedophiles sued that they were only doing it for the money . It is a bad thing to sue for money if you are suing the WTS, but apparently morally justifiable if suing AT&T? Back pay is one thing, but should they accept any more than that-ethically or as christians? Hmm.

The company was stupid. After the one supervisor was an ass about it, they should have stopped the train right then and there. They let it go on for reasons I have not been able to discern. Anyone have any insight into why it went so far?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Rebel8, I am sure it was framed as specific discrimination because of their brand of religion, and it may well have been. Thats still no excuse for it going beyond the following monday and being fixed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit