JONESTOWN CULT

by billie jean 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Every cult documentary I have ever watched has contained logic I have heard used, to defend the Watchtower, by my own family.

There is a Charlie Manson doco coming up on NZ TV later this week. JWs will be trying to spot the differences and I will be spotting the similarities.

Cheers

Chris

• Gerard
    Gerard

Although the Jonestown deaths were numerous and tragic, it pales in comparison to the total number deaths caused by the Watchtower over the decades.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Gerard said:

Although the Jonestown deaths were numerous and tragic, it pales in comparison to the total number deaths caused by the Watchtower over the decades.

Wow!!! Well said... good point. How could I forget this... but yet... I still somehow manage to block it from my mind.

There is no need to worry about a suicide pact. It is already in full force, and has been for many decades. In fact they have a card for it that they carry in their wallets.

There have been literally countless deaths due to the blood issue, the (now-overturned due to "new light") organ transplant issue, the (now-overturned due to "new light") vaccination issue, abused women and children who were told to keep quiet and stay with their abusers, and suicides due to disfellowshipping.

No, I don't think that Jonestown can compete with that.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Your inner feelings, independent thought and personal conscience has spotted on something serious wrong with the Watchtower Society. Please research fervently the Watchtower Society of history. You are right to doubt the organization and it is critical that you re-evaluate every teaching of the Watchtower.

The Watchtower Society at one time banned vaccinations ('31- early 50s), organ transplants ('67-'80), blood fractions ('61) and later okayed for their members without any apology for those that suffered and died needlessly. Could the Watchtower okay blood transfusion also some day?

The Watchtower organization has manipulated scriptures, history and basic truth and brought much negativity to so many people.

Thank you for posting here. You will never regret it.

• avishai
  • BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Oh my heavens, Avishai! Unbelievable!!!! And yet... horrifyingly... not unbelievable at all.

From your other thread:

There are stats that state that as many people die per month from the twisted blood policy as waco. And as many a year are killed as Jonestown. MANY of them children.
  • Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Have you read the book "Seductive Poison" by Deborah Layton? I read it recently and the similarities were striking.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Dying from Cool-aid or loss of Blood on the operating table....no difference at all.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

What else can you say

The cover of the May 22, 1994 Awake! magazine showing photos of 26 children, with the caption: "Youths Who Put God First." Inside the magazine glorifies Witness children who died supporting WTS policy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit