• snowbird
    snowbird
    I don't know what puke ugly color it is going to be--

Wizard, Wizard, Wizard ...

What ever are we to do with you?

Sylvia

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

We had the same announcement about a future songbook, so those that went to the Assembly told me..

They did not seem overjoyed at having to cope with new songs. The family just sniffed and queried why they would want to bother if "we were so close to the end"? As if they were not busy enough with real literature?

• yknot
    yknot

Based on recent publications.....

I would say it was going to be 'softcover' and probably some WTS assumed enticing pic of people singing......

At worse I say another solid color...black, dr. brown, maroon etc

• White Dove
    White Dove

Thank you That's what I needed

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I'm pretty sure that the solid-colored book died with Fred Franz. Ever since he cacked, they've been re-vamping what the books look like. The musical slogging book I'm sure will have a picture of people singing on the cover. All their covers seem to now have artwork on it to appear less cheap than the paperback pieces of crap they are.

And I thought my songbook title was actually quite intelligent, thank you very much!

• stara bircza
    stara bircza

It`s the colour of money of course......seriously though....the books must be a great money spinner. 6 million books times an English £5 say.

That`s 30 million quid. Ummmmmmmmmmm a lot. : )

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

If you need more info...

The lecture from the assembly announcing the new songbook can be listened to at:

http://www.archive.org/details/SingToJehovah

• fokyc
    fokyc

My wife has just given me one of the new song books, I can't see it!!

She says I could look at a large print edition, I can't see that either!

My eyes aren't that bad, it's the print quality and choice of print;

So, I will never be able to 'Sing to Jehovah throughout my life" unless I carry a magnifier with me.

fokyc

PS She says I might be able to have a larger one with words only and NO music!

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

$o ... Let'$ make a new $ongbook $o we can make every member buy $everal copie$ to fill up the lagging coffer$...?

ESTEE

• restrangled
    restrangled

I don't care much about how a song book looked but what the music would sound like. It has been one of my biggest beef's with the jws. Why not have beautiful choir music, if nothing else.

I have been in churches where the music, especially at Christmas time could bring you to tears.

There was a link given on another post which I will add here from the "New Song Book"

Sadly, its from Romania but I thought it sounded nice. http://www.youtube.com/user/vestitorulimparatiei#p/u/11/lwdEVN245Ok

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit