Can i file a law suit against the WTS?

by God_Delusion 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

It would be a different scenario if a foundation sued the borg.

If it were possible to find at least 1,000 plaintiffs, which all donated money to the cause, I am pretty sure there could be a resolution within our lifetime.

• yknot
    yknot

The only group of people the WTS is semi-concerned over is national governments. For instance Germany, France, Russia and Brazil are taking issue with shunning being seen as a human rights violation and the blood policy being imminent danger to it's citizens. Committees have been formed but a solution has not yet been reached.

• Simon
    Simon

I believe a lady in Wales successfully sued the local congregation ... I remember reading about it in the paper but don't have a reference I'm afraid.

Most religions, esp the WTS, have get-out clauses and they are particularly good at 'encouraging' people to follow a course that they don't specifically say ... just look at the blood issue and it being a 'matter of conscience'

• DT
    DT

Depending on where you live, it probably wouldn't be practical to sue the Watchtower Society yourself. However, challenging their charity status on the basis of their requiring their members to shun might be a different story. Please keep us informed if anything comes from this.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Since the WT is a corporation, and a publisher is a volunteer "employee" one might try for a wrongful termination suit, provided they are not in an at will employment state.

• bamse
    bamse

We have just discussed this in Norway on www.avhopperforum.org (jump offer's forum). We addressed the problem more to the fact that the disassociation is publicly announced. That is against norwegian law, because it shal only be the board in the congregation that shall know. It is difficult anyway because of the religious freedom. No cases has been proven at the court, but my lawyer sais it may be difficult.

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

I told him that they've even put it in writing in their own literature. He was quite upset at hearing this.

This could be really interesting!

It is their "beliefs" and you have the right not to participate in their methods of worship. It would not hold up in the U.S. based upon freedom of religion. There are practices that would not be recognized as a religious belief such as those that violate the law. I.E. rape, torture, racism, etc.....

• oompa
    oompa

i dont think it would be very hard to set up a fund to sue them endlessly!!!!!.........that could be interesting and get some serious press.......not 50 lawsuits in 50 states.........but also 188 "lands".........lmao

please somebody do this.........i will donate the first 100 bucks i swear..........oompa

cmon simon we trust you!

• Balaamsass
  • Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Given that you seem from another country, there are projects in a few countries in the EU that are attempting to sue the WTBTS all the way to the ECHR on basis of discrimination of religion and promoting hate and discrimination which in the EU is illegal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit