How Do You Pronounce ...

by snowbird 47 Replies latest social entertainment

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Snowbird = Here the further North you go the thicker the accent {reverse of USA going south} I'm from the East in Melbourne so I sound more like an Englishman. But in Northern Queensland mainly in the country they say "Flat out Might, like a lizzard drinkin." {translation: I'm very busy friend}

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Café.

;-)

BTS

• undercover
    undercover

Ah...doppio espresso that'll wake you up in the mornin'

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Australia is not big on Coffee....we only have 4 StarBucks....it just didn't take off. We dont drink a Litre of Coffee like the Yanks do! {Kispy Kreme is doing okay}

• snowbird
    snowbird
    How are Yankees like hemorrhoids?
    Those that come down and go back up are okay, those that come down and stay are a pain in the ass

Priceless!

Café.

BTS, that sounds so elegant.

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird

But in Northern Queensland mainly in the country they say "Flat out Might, like a lizzard drinkin." {translation: I'm very busy friend}

LOL.

I've got some distant cousins on the Wilcox-Monroe County line who speak a dialect that even I can't understand.

You should hear them when they get to drinking and really get it cronked!

Sylvia

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Kawfee......Or......Cup-a-Jo..

.................OUTLAW

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Near Wesson was a town called "It." Drove through there as a kid. I think there was one store. Wesson was alot bigger. It had a tiny Post Office, feed store, grocery, etc.

Excuse me, Quandry, for overlooking your contribution.

Sounds like Lower Peachtree, Alabama.

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Kawfee......Or......Cup-a-Jo..
    .................OUTLAW

Yes, I've heard it called Joe. I wonder if that's from GI Joe? Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Really nothing fancy about it. It's basically Cuban expresso. Incredibly strong and so sweetened it is almost a syrup.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit