The hall I use to attend in the Quad-Cities ,IL is to be disbanded

by troubled mind 10 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

My husband heard from the brothers he workds with that the hall I grew up in, and that we were married in ,is now disbanded ! That kind of shocks me . It was built in the late seventies and had a congregation of about 100 . I think a foriegn language group met there too . Interesting . This would be the Silvis,IL hall .

• Gayle
    Gayle

Very interesting. The reason for the disbanding?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Kingdom Hall`s come..

..And.....

Kingdom Hall`s go.....

The WT$ has learned how to turn a profit..

On Kingdom Hall`s that Come and Go..

.......OUTLAW

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder if they will build another Kingdumb Hell somewhere else--or if the whole congregation is being disbanded. I hope it is the whole congregation, and not just the Kingdumb Hell.

• blondie
    blondie

So are they combining the congregation with another one(s)?

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I found out a little bit more about it today . The KH needed to many repairs according to the society so they would not okay a remodel.

They are asked to travel across the river to attend a congregation in Iowa . (The nearest IL. KH is already to crowded to accomadate them ) The brother said several have already decided to attend KH's of their own choosing . He said the property is up for sale and there is a possibility of building a new one if they sell and find an approved site . I don't see how since the publisher count has dropped to about 50 , unless they combine with some from the neighboring hall .

In any case this will all take quite a bit of time (which may be great for those looking to fade away ).

• White Dove
    White Dove

I see some potential fading happening

• moshe
    moshe

"The KH needed to many repairs according to the society so they would not okay a remodel."

Bull cr*p- you mean the local KH can't decide to fix it's own problems? They can't call neighboring KH's for a weekend remodeling workshop? They were probably dumb enough to let the WT Corp get on their deed and they lost control of there own building, which THEY paid for. They could just go back to renting a storefront, which is how they used to meet anyway.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Yeah considering the JWs are notorious for putting up entire NEW halls in one weekend, why wouldnt they be able to FIX an existing one??

• calico
    calico

It's weird that they won't fix a KH. I think there is a similar situation going on with the DeKalb/Sycamore IL congos. Last I heard they are meeting in an old restaurant!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit