The story of SD-7

by sd-7 19 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Welcome to the Board,

purps

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

G'day SD-7, nice to have you on board. All the best with your journey ahead... Mattieu.

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

PS - Ever since Dr Evil used the word "inconsequential", I can never read that word without saying it in his voice. So your opening line was quite humorous...

Mattieu.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome to JWN. You have a lot going for you; you're young, not married to a jw or have children, you have a college degee and a job, and you're smart enough to have figured out the truth about the "truth". Hopefully you'll find a way out and have a happy life...it is much better out in the real world.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Hi sd-7, I'll be your friend. We already have some things in common. We're the same age and we were baptized in the same year. Bonafide is working as a double agent, too, so I'm sure you guys can relate to each other. Welcome to the board.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi sd-7. Welcome to the forum.

I am pleased to hear that you haven't blown your cover yet. Once they spot you wearing an Apostate hat, many of your options disappear.

Stick around, have fun, explore your options and make a plan. Take your time, there is no hurry.

Cheers

Chris

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Welcome, partner! I, too, am still maintaining something of a facade for the sake of family. It sucks. But at least you know your own mind and you know the "truth about the truth." You can do the slow fade, as I am, akin to pulling a bandaid off hair by hair.

This is a good place to be. You will learn lots.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Hi, welcome! Great introductory post; you've got a good way with words, please keep it up.

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

Welcome SD-7!

As others have mentioned, consider it a blessing that you have become aware of the real truth whilst the majority of your future is ahead of you and can now proceed to make informed choices in your life.

Don't rush to get out - take your time to establish a social network so that when you are ready, they can replace what you have currently. This link may be of use it you:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/34518/1/On-The-Art-Of-Fading

Perhaps, in time, you may even be in a position to help your friends and family see things more clearly...

I can relate to the effects of reading 'Crisis of Conscience' and 'In Search of Christian Freedom' - Franz made me aware of issues the WTS never addresses and which are really important consideration for any Christian.

Look forward to more of your posts

Lukewarm

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Greetings, SD-7! I have never been in, but for 3 years I have been a "study". Every week 2 or 3 JW men visit with me and attempt to answer my many questions. I share my research with them on the topics discussed and ask more questions about that. They are exposed to many ideas and questions that they would never hear at the hall. I could never get in and be a double agent as that takes way too much energy to maintain that duplicity.

One important bit of advice. Stay away from those melodramatic women or those whose life is a train wreck. It will bring you way down.

Be strong, Kurt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit