Have a Happy Day - Whatever.....

by waiting 20 Replies latest jw friends

• thinker
    thinker

I just have to get in on the action here. It is really hard sometimes. But so far this has been a good season for me. One of my customers (I have a cleaning business) gave me a lovely card and told me I had put the true meaning of Christmas and spirit back in the season for her this year. It meant a lot. We are going over to a friends house today for Christmas dinner. I'm making the pies. I feel very lucky.
    I know what you mean about saying it it is hard. But it wasn't hard saying it on the cards I sent out including the email cards. There are some really great cards at egreetings.com.
    So have a wonderful day everyone!! Stay warm and appreciate whomever you spend it with.
    TW

• Seven
    Seven

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE!!!

Peace,
    Seven

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

I'm not into celebrating Christmas but I do wish everyone a very pleasant day. Spending time with family and friends is so very nice!

Logical
    I've been away for a while because of work so I don't know anyone here anymore! LOL! I assume from your post that you are newly JW. Is that correct?

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• logical
    logical

Frenchy:

Yes. Im studying with JW's, dressing smartly, attending meetings, commenting, even enrolled on the school. But with serious doubts. Im not baptised either. After what I've found out, I intend to fellowship with them unbaptised.

Its all good.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

logical
    Thank you for responding.I went back and read some of your posts. We have all felt what you are feeling now and for most of us the feelings are much stronger because we were in it for so long. Unlike you we cannot openly voice our concerns to our friends who are still 'in'.
    You are in a unique position. Not many people see the trap before it has sprung. You are able to question a great many things while you are being 'courted' with a 'Bible Study.' Use the opportunity to the extent that you can or want to.
    If you do decide to question there is a way to do so that will do the most good.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• thinker
    thinker

Merry Christmas Everyone!
    For those of you having trouble getting into the spirit of things, I have a short story. After watching one of the many "scrooge" variations on TV, I had a wonderful fantasy. In it the members of the GB are visited by the ghosts of "Witness" past, present, and future. You know the story so I'll let you fill in the details, but in the end the GB has a change of heart and accepts all the harm they've done and works hard to make the society a truly christian organization. Ah, if it were only so...
    It put a smile on my face just thinking about it.
    It occured to me today that almost all my posts were critical of the WTBTS. In the spirit of the season, let me say that after talking with my wife about many of those she converted; it is possible that some of those are better off as witnesses. I mean the ones who were living lives so messed up by drugs, alcohol, bad past experiences, etc.. For them, it may be necessary to be controlled in every way. I only hope they can mature and grow to the point they no longer need such a all encompassing organization.

thinker

• RR
    RR

Claudia

Merry Christmas! See Im obviously still here, nope,no lightning struck

Ahhh ... but did you check your couch? aha?

"People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones"

• claudia
    claudia

RR, yes i checked my couch! All is well.

• Kristen
    Kristen

You know, this almost absolutely sucks. I'm still on the outside looking in no matter where I stand.

Have a wonderful.

• crittersitter
    crittersitter

well...it's my birthday!!!!! 12-25....and i love being able to get presents. my mom became a jdub when i was in 5th grade..one year xmas and birthday..the next was back of the class jw freak
    school was a nightmare for me.
    but praise GOD, i'm back in the swing of things and have not even a twittle of guilt!!
    i even raised my kids without christmas..i was a fence sitter for a long time
    now we get together and exchange gifts, do the tree thing even( i always loved the lights)
    however, if it is displeasing to my LORD to have the tree, i will stop having one. but the joy of realizing that jesus is the reason for the season and what he did for us, gives this time of year new meaning for me!!!
    i cannot even begin to explain the joy of knowing my LORD the way i do know, he really does love us..even the dubbers and "gasp" .........katliks!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit