Video on 1975 for JWs

by Mickey mouse 15 Replies latest jw friends

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Those were the days when they printed pictures of the earth opening up and people falling into the cracks and great fire balls

falling directly to earth killing people. You can just imagine how some impressionable young children thought when they saw those images.

One young fellow about 14 hung himself in a garage which was right behind the Kingdom Hall next to the parking lot.

It always gave me the creeps going to that hall and seeing that garage and knowing what occurred there.

Did the stupid writers of that magazine think about the consequentness of knowing that children would be reading their fear mongering drivel,

Obviously not.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Thanks for your comments, Jim it's good to hear from someone who lived through it that it's accurate. I wanted to let the quotes speak for themselves which is why I kept my commentary neutral, bordering on apologist.

I hope to create a youtube channel which JWs would feel comfortable watching and even sharing.

• DJK
    DJK

I remember the life everlasting book. Many home bible studies with that one. I don't remember it saying Freedom of the sons of God.

• freddo
    freddo

DJK - There were two books with the title life everlasting, the one shown above which I studied as a youngster and a later one.

That video is awesome - understated and right on the point. I remember all of it.

Why do the oldies still believe or suppress their doubts? Pride, hard-wired, desperation, company of others, "where do we go?" or a mixture of all.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Why do the oldies still believe or suppress their doubts? Pride, hard-wired, desperation, company of others, "where do we go?" or a mixture of all.

I see that in a lot of the old timers now, they seem to be in constant awareness or protection that they were not taken in on elaborate scam.

Those years of servitude to an organization that held out so many promises wasn't a useless waste of time and effort, my own father comes to mind ,

a 50 year veteran.

After being involved myself for 20 years I could see there something terribly wrong going on, I realized over time I was being conscripted to

be a servant to the Watchtower Society, rather what I really wanted was to be a servant of god.

• freedomisntfree
    freedomisntfree

This makes me feel like we've all been in one big foutain of youth pyramid scheme

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit