Another WTF moment...............

by Vachi 8 He Is 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

Well a few actually......So I'm sitting in the We'reDumb Hall today, and the core of the topic is recognizing gods qualities through jesus actions and also how jesus spent eons of time with god learning what his father does. I gotta question: What purpose does that serve? Is god preparing jesus to do something that he himself is tired of or is no longer able to do? We're made in gods image yet god decides to create dinosaurs and other animals, even the lowly roach first? What's up with that?

2. Of course you know dubs put stock in the service at the expense of you know.......actually having A LIFE, but how was it ok for god to give Solomon wealth yet we aren't supposed to get distracted by material things? Isn't that pick and choose or playing favorites on gods part? What's up with that?

3. They also stress the need to work dilligently in the preaching work by basically asking if we weigh or time spent in the field against everything else we do for recreation, are they balanced? The underlying core of this is "If you're having more fun than what we tell you to have, then straighten up."

4. And why.....what possible reason could there be for god to exist for even eons before christ if he's just gonna one day up and create things that later have to strive to be like god? I mean everything before creation had to have been god, so why branch off into all these avenues if the goal is to have them be like god? He could've just stayed how he was.

5. One of the sisduhs makes a comment that god actually spoke 3 times, and all three times was concerning his son jesus. Umm.....are you sure? I seem to recall a point in Genesis where after A&E sinned god was calling out to them. A&E came out of hiding and said "we were hiding because we were naked." At which point god SAYS "who told you you were naked?" I mean did this totally fly out of their memory or what?

6. May 15th Fauxtower, page 30, paragraph 9. Quoted from bible at Matthew 3: v 17. "This is my son the beloved, whom I have approved." They read it as it is printed ONE TIME. All the other times it went like this: "This is my son the beloved, LISTEN TO HIM". And I'm sitting there like WTF!!! They just changed the meaning of the whole verse. I can approve a type of cereal for my family to consume but this by no means says they should strictly eat this kind and only this kind of cereal. But even this WTF moment pales in comparison to what I'm going to tell you next.

7. A brudduh makes an analogy that likens christ relationship with god to that of a sponge, and says, and I quote "It's like if you take a sponge and place it in water, well you don't see the water anymore because it's now a part of the sponge. christ followed god so closely that to mimic him is to mimic jehovah." The one on stage goes "Yes, yes that's true. and we're fortunate to be able to do that aren't we?" Now, I don't say anything, I simply get up, fake like I'm going to the bathroom, and walk out into the parking lot. When my aunt comes out after the meeting, I tell her I don't want her to say anything, I'm just going to make a statement. It seems I have to put this disclaimer here or else she'll derail the conversation. So I tell her that a sponge is made up of fibers that absorb water. The reason why one doesn't see the water once that happens is because the water is trapped between these fibers, but at no point does the water become PART of the sponge. She starts trying to justify what that idiot said and asks me is water a part of you?"But that's not.......""Answer the question.""Yes water is mixed in with things like blood and other things in me.... but that's not what I'm talking about. If you take a sponge full of water and wring it out, water and only water falls out. If what he said were true then anytime water went into a sponge it would cause the sponge to grow.""Well it DOES grow...." I could see she wanted me to go into outer space with her so I had to bring her Major Tom-ing self back to Earth. "At no point does the waters molecular structure become SPONGE, it's being held by the sponge but at no point does it become PART OF the sponge bottomline." Then she saw a study of hers and hopped out of the car. I mean it felt like that episode of ST:TNG where Data loses his memory and winds up on this primitive planet and tries to explain to the head teacher that just because wood can catch on fire doesn't mean fire is IN the wood. I swear if the place caught on fire I wouldn't pee, spit or cover it in crap to put it out.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Vashi,

Yes, they are imperfect men, but where else would you go to find Godly imperfect men that follow their own interpretation of their own translation of the scriptures that they discredit? Oops, sorry, just puked on your thread a little.

B the X

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Independent Thinking is a tool of Satan. Turn off your brain and repent for your sin.

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

Lol you're right. jerkovah please forgive me, in jesus name amen. Now..........where is that hypnotoad?

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Just popped in to point out that I am enough of a nerd to know exactly which ST:TNG episode you're talking about.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I dunno, I still think the phlogiston theory holds some merit.

I also know for a certainty that there are no electrons.

" Electrons are little green men on their way to a killer party"

• White Dove
    White Dove

Sorry but I couldn't read the dark stripes.

• Lucky Calamity
    Lucky Calamity

Never stop asking questions. It really pisses off stupid people, and it really makes smart people smarter.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

WD if you highlight the passage yourself you can. Let's pick it up with the compooter savvy, mkay?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If God wants to treat us like that, why the f*** didn't He just remain alone? After all, if the Unholy Bible was true, He has been that way forever--what would have been another eternity?

This lesson about the sponge is why the witlesses don't want people going to college. You see, certain porous items absorb water--and sometimes this causes them to expand. What is happening is the surface tension of the water is causing the water to be stuck in the sponge (until you squeeze it out or it dries out). This does not mean it becomes part of the sponge. There are substances that absorb water by molecular hydration--anyone that did well in chemistry class may be familiar with hydration of salts. You might hear of calcium sulfate monohydrate--each molecule of salt has one molecule of water attached to it. Dihydrates have two waters per salt, and so on. This is how dessicants you find in your vitamin bottles work. But this is not how a sponge works.

And, for those who were confused by hydration of salt, that is because the witlesses do not allow you to sleep well before those chemistry tests or time to study for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit