Baptism annulment. ???

by Anti-Christ 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

A friend of mine is looking to get a baptism annulment. This person DA a few years ago and certain family member suggested a baptism annulment so that they can have a "normal" relationship. How does this work? What are the condition and how is one treated after? I suspect that you are considered the same as a DF or a DA. This person already sent the letter.

• crapola
    crapola

I have never heard of a baptism anullment.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

The only time I've heard of a baptism being anulled is in the case of a person who was either still engaging in wrongdoing at time of baptism, or not in control of their faculties at time of baptism. I knew a guy who had to get baptized a second time because he was high the first.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Honestly Bluecanary, I must have been high when I got baptized. What the hell was I thinking?

• White Dove
    White Dove

I was 17, a minor. Mine should be annuled on that basis alone.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

I never dedicated myself to Jehovah in prayer before my baptism. Mine should be annulled by default.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Thanks for the comments but I want to know if this is even possible and if it is then how is the person considered by the rest of the cong. and family.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

I've never heard of a baptism annullment either, but then again .... I the last time I attended a meeting was in 2000.

I doubt it would be a standard practice. You'd be surprised at how many folks would rush at the opportunity.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I have heard of those who want their baptism annulled, but I have never seen the society grant their wishes.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Thanks, that's what I thought. It would to much of a "loop hole" for ex-JW, get out but you don't get shunned by your family. I will keep you all up to date on the matter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit