"professes" to be annointed

by stillin 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stillin
    stillin

what's THAT all about???

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

WT 91 3/15 21

Or a close associate may profess to be of the anointed, and the person may desire the same destiny. Such factors might make him feel that life in heaven is for him

I guess it means that they do not believe that he really has received "the calling"

• boyzone
    boyzone

Its a tongue-in-cheek way of saying "we don't really believe you're anointed but we'll humour you for now".

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

It is part of the double talk that makes up Watchtower gobbledygook.

Those who "profess" to be Christians are false Christians.

Those who "profess" to be of the Other Sheep are "true" Christians.

Those who "profess" to be of the "anointed" are weirdos

Go figure.

• Farkel
    Farkel

How about "those to profess to speak for God on earth?"

Quid pro quo.

Farkel

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS uses "professed Christians" to label Christians outside the WTS. Another phrase is "so-called Christians." Only jws are "true" Christians.

pro·fessPronunciation (pr-fs, pr-)

v.pro·fessed, pro·fess·ing, pro·fess·es v.tr. 2. To make a pretense of; pretend: "top officials who were deeply involved with the arms sales but later professed ignorance of them" (David Johnston). http://www.thefreedictionary.com/professed

• lesterd
    lesterd

If one is not of the "anointed", how can one discribe how an anointed one feels? "If you dont play the game, you no make-a the rules."

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Logically the disclaimer phrase should also be used about GB members... I wonder if it ever was.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Profess`s..

Profess`s to drink beer..

It`s my experience your either dinking beer or your not!

It`s early in the morning and I have`nt had my coffee..

I`m not supposed to be coherant this early..

It`s nice to talk about beer though..

.......................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

I've heard that one used to describe the "new" annointed, if everybody in the congo doesn't think they really are. The "real" annointed are just called "annointed" (or my mom still slips up and says "one of the remnant"). The newbies that no one believes, she says "so-and-so professes to be annointed."

Slam! There's rules about these things, ya know!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit