since when did Jehovah become a common name?

by lilyflor 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lilyflor
    lilyflor

growing up in the troof, my mom used to tell me that no one else in the universe had the name Jehovah. I remember her even recounting an experience where a catholic couple wanted to name/baptize their son Jehovah and the priest counselled against it

now I see all sorts of people with the name Jehovah, on facebook, in the news and even in other languagues (the portuguese version Jeova)

I see Jehobah is going to have to share his witnesses!

Lily

• smiddy
    smiddy

lilyflor

In the first edition of the "Aid Book" Jehovah was the most popular version of the name of God in useage (in christendom) If christendom used the

name Jehovah wouldnt they want to go for Yahweh ?? / as that is a more realistic pronunciation than Jehovah ("hebrew" never had j in their alphabet)

Maybe you have seen yahweh ben yahweh ?? Witnessese of yahweh? Google them for information

smiddy

• Satanus
    Satanus

It's a catholic church invention. A roman catholic monk called raymundo martini started using it in a book he wrote.. Since it came from the whore babylon the great, that means that it is PAGAN, a false religious product. The admit this in the aid book.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

It's a catholic church invention. A roman catholic monk called raymundo martini started using it in a book he wrote.. Since it came from the whore babylon the great, that means that it is PAGAN, a false religious product. The admit this in the aid book.

S

• QuestForThruth
    QuestForThruth

"Jehovah" is generally held to have been the invention of Pope Leo X.'s confessor, Peter Galatin ("De Arcanis Catholicæ Veritatis," 1518, folio xliii.)

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/view.jsp?artid=206&letter=J&search=jehovah

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I had a vaccum cleaner called a "Je-hoover -1914."

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It`s a translation mistake made by a catholic monk in the 14th century.. Without the Catholics..The WBT$ would`nt have a name for thier God.. Or.. Their Cult,the Jehovah`s Witness`s.. The WBT$ needs to pucker up and give the Catholic`s a Big Kiss!! .............LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Satanus
    Satanus

You could say that the jws are a roman catholic cult')

S

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Satanus said:

Interesting. I knew it was not the correct pronunciation, but I didn't know who "started" it.

• glenster
    glenster

So I guess Jumpin Jehosaphat isn't from the Bible either? Life just gets too damn complicated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit