MY B-I-L IS IN THE HOSPITAL

by Mary 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Here's another update on my brother in law:

My sister and B-I-L went to the Cancer Center in Toronto earlier this week to see about getting the stemcell transplant for his disease. It was actually an encouraging visit as the Oncologist there said that they did not feel his condition had progressed into the Acute Myloid Leukemia yet and that he had longer---up to 2 years---than what his local Oncologist had said. They also said that they would test his two siblings to see if either of them are a match. If they're not, then they can tap into the National and International Bone Marrow Registry to see if they can find a match.

It was a much better visit than any of the other visits, and we we almost giddy with relief that he seemed to have been given a bit of a reprieve. It didn't last long.

My brother in law passed out early yesterday and my sister called the ambulance. He's got an infection, which is one of the main risks he faces with his white blood count being low. And unfortunately, they do not transfuse white cells (unless you are an identical twin), because your own white cells will view it as 'foreign' and will attack it. I did not know that before and I find that terrifying. He's been given several bags of antibiotics and we are praying that this helps. His temperature keeps going up and down, up and down which is not a good sign. His temperature went from 36.8 (98.5F) to 39.5 (103.10 F). No one can see him except my sister, as he's in Isolation.

I'd like to pray, but I'm so pissed off and angry at God right now, that I cannot. Why the hell should humans have to continuously suffer like this? I better not ever get a Witness tell me it's because two people ate a piece of forbidden fruit 6,000 years ago, or I'll go balistic.

Sorry....don't mean to rant, but we're all pretty devastated right about now.....we're sitting here trying to hope for the best but expecting the worst and my emotions are all over the place.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I am so sorry Mary.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Sorry to hear that Mary, wishing you and your family the best......

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Oh, Hon.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I started getting very excited at the beginning of your post, and now to hear the current situation...

I don't pray much, either, Mary, at least not in the classic biblical sense. But you and your dear brother and family will be in my thoughts, and I will be sending you all the strength and love I can muster.

Love to you.
    Baba.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Another thought, for what it is worth... I have read that echinacea (the same herb that folks take to boost their immune system during flu season) actually boosts white blood cell count. If they can't give white blood cells directly, I wonder if that would help?

Here is the google search on it...

http://www.google.com/search?q=echinacea+white+blood+cells&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS283US283

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Very sorry to hear this Mary. Your B-I-L is a good man, my thoughts are with you and your family. Call me if you need anything.

• snowbird
    snowbird

You and your loved ones are in my thoughts, honey child.

Y'all can and will get through this.

Love.

Sylvia

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I wish you all strength to cope in this difficult situation Mary.

My thoughts will be with you all, I hope things get better.

h4o

• nelly136
    nelly136

(((((((mary)))))))) sorry you and yours are going through this.

• Will Power
    Will Power

I'll pray Mary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit