This drives me crazy

by JWinprotest 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

I can't stand it when they say certain things are up to your conscience and they tell the rest of the cong not to judge your brother for a decision they've made based on their conscience, and then the elders will take away your priveleages based on that same decision. By taking away your priveleages are they not demonstrating to everyone that the decision you made is wrong?

Sorry I just needed to vent after this weeks bookstudy on blood fractions. I heard the words "Conscience Decision" about 100 times in less than 15 minutes. You just get that feeling that when they say something is up to your conscience, what they are really saying is that "we want to tell you it is forbidden and disfellowship you for doing it, but we've been burned legally in the past for doing it, so we are just going to publically humilliate you in a more subtle way so everyone else won't repeat your dumbass mistake".

• Heaven
    Heaven

I heard the words "Conscience Decision" about 100 times in less than 15 minutes.

Yep. This dissolves the WTS of any accountability. It's all your fault!

At work there was a poster that circulated a few years back that I am reminded of:

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Like entering a church for a wedding or a funeral. Like participation in sports or paintball.

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

As teenagers a bunch of us lost our microphone carrying priveleage for going to a club. The irony is that we got ratted out by a brother who was disfellowshipped 15 years later for being a homosexual.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Were they cordless mikes? He may not have been a homosexual at the time, but from all the extra duty carrying that phallic symbol (because you guys weren't allowed) he may have become gay.

I'm sorry. It was a joke. I saw it waiting to be written and I wrote it.

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

LOL! That's not very nice. But they were cordless.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit