Is the WTS preparing for a MASS EXODUS?

by passwordprotected 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I doubt they are planning for a mass exodus so much as a mass crackdown. I believe they are going to make things even more miserable for anyone that doesn't believe what they say or that tries to leave. They might even start viewing baptism as a legally binding contract to serve the organization, no matter what--and hide the fact that they did not give people all the information they needed beforehand or that the rules are subject to change without notice and they are still supposed to abide by them.

I have made it that much more expensive should they try to recapture me. Hopefully the 15 copies of the Prime Law will manage to find their way in various places within the Kingdumb Hell, perhaps on the bulletin board or in people's bookbags. Simply, I found and printed up several copies of this Law--"No person shall initiate the use of force, threats of force, or fraud against another's person or property. Force is morally and legally justified only in defense against those in violation of the above. No exceptions." Included is a link to www.twelvevisionsworld.com (the web site from which this is taken)--anyone finding that web site is bound to find a much more logical and reasonable paradigm, hopefully to reject the Washtowel's force- and fraud-backed system (and, since this is not an apostate site, witlesses can go there without worrying about dealing with apostates).

Hopefully, if they ever make that mistake, they will pay for it with several witlesses reading this material, finding the site, reporting to other witlesses and their studies, and leaving the religion. And the boasting session attendance will go down to half, donations to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund will implode (just as the Hyperinflation Stimulus Packages are starting to do their jobs), and the congregation will have to disband.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Surely a smaller body of believers of say 3 million hard-core "how high?" jumpers is preferable to a sprawling, mostly ambivalent 7 million? Hey, with a small hard core group they could introduce tithing!

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Mass Exit,

The last time this happened was about 3 thousand!! years ago.

Then, they made it safely to the other side.

I wonder if they will make it this time with their track record!!!!!

KT

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

Before the establishment of the GB Helpers almost everything was dictated by the GB. Even the most loyal members of the Bethel family had to admit that a few of the GB weren’t that bright. Their decision making process consisted of “Do we have the money?” if yes then “Let’s do it!”

If any corporation management suggested building or expanding a factory in one of the most expensive cities in the world they would lose their jobs. With the Helpers taking over more and more responsibility the GB are being pushed back into a more strictly religious role. With more decisions being made using logic vs. enthusiasm you’ll see less boned headed moves like purchasing the “Sliver” building.

Even when I was a true believer it was obvious that there were liberal and conservative camps in management. One example would be Patterson. Some pictured a gleaming, shining city on a hill. Where spiritual truths would pour out from heaven and Gilead students would go out in mighty droves. Others pictured it as waste of money and Gilead students as long term responsibilities that had a high cost to benefit ratio. Eventually they ended up with a hybrid Education Center slash moving some production out of Brooklyn Center.

Viewing things from a corporate standpoint here is what I see:

Sell all of the property in Brooklyn. Buying random buildings was stupid back then. Its stupid to keep them now.

DUMBO project – One facility that will house the corporate offices. No production, no expansion ever.

Rampo project – This will be the old folk’s home. Most of the assisted living care will be there. It will also be a good way to separate the old guard from the daily decision making process. I suspect some think even Rampo is to close.

Production – Anywhere that is cheap. Does it really matter where the stuff is printed. They would probably sell Wallkill and Patterson if they could.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

I will agree with your observations. It might not be a Mass Exodus like 25, or 75 but the figures show that many JW's are leaving. The only increase they have is in Third World Countries. There we have uneducated people, limited access to the internet, plus WT's "gospel" catches the poor masses of those countries.

I believe that in the following years the will experience reduce of their peak publishers. It is already happening. They will try to save as more money they can, since we are living in hard times for Cults - INTERNET

• yknot
    yknot

Great observations guys!

....2014/15 would also be a good time to transform itself into a more outwardly mainstream religion too....

Trying to recoup those losses with new converts to a less culty appearing CCJW.......

Thus they come full circle from this years DC "tone" and "Bearing" conveyance.......embodying 2 Cor 11:12-15 perfectly!

(2Corinthians11:12-15)12 Now what I am doing I will still do, that I may cut off the pretext from those who are wanting a pretext for being found equal to us in the office of which they boast. 13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light. 15 It is therefore nothing great if his ministers also keep transforming themselves into ministers of righteousness. But their end shall be according to their works.

• Mary
    Mary

Unless they're dumb enough to put forth a specific date again, I don't think we'll see a "mass exodus" like what happened after 1914, 1925 and 1975. Large numbers of Witnesses just suddenly up and left within a relatively short time. What we will see, I believe, is a continuation of a slow, but steady stream of people who are just quietly leaving, having had enough of the bullshit doctrines, failed prophecies and the Pharisaic rule by uneducated men who have no business telling anyone how to live their lives.

In a way, the latter is probably more threatening to the Organization than the former but there's really little they can do to stop it.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

They are being careful not to name dates nowadays. Still, the imprint of the 1914 Generation remains on many long time Jw's. Even though the meanings and definitions of things are changing, some will undoubtably be affected by the passing of 2014. I cannot concieve of any long time Jw's not thinking quietly 'How long is this sitting on the throne going to take before Jesus acts'?

Combining this with the internet's constant unravelling of the prophecy, false doctrines, etc., I can see how the corportation can begin to experience severe downturns through this period.

Jeff

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

They are spending $$$ on massive advertising campaigns.

They have newspapers all over the country supporting them and a very slick video production that is being shown on local broadcasts.

Media is pumping them up, in case you haven't noticed.

Why? Media admits that these big conventions bring in approx. $500,000 to local businesses.

In this depressed economy, people of industry will forgo morals and integrity and support anything that brings in a few bucks.

It has always been that way. That's why creeps like Benny Hinn, Oral Roberts, and all the other charlatans are "honored" by state senators and big businesses.

It's a sell out of morals.

They don't care how derelict these "religions" are. The followers keep money flowing into local pots---esp. hotels and restaurants.

• darkl1ght3r
    darkl1ght3r

I think they know their words have come back to bite them too many times. In the past (even the recent past) it was the amazing 'predictions' of the 'grand things to come' that kept everyone riled up. Remember how everyone always used to (still does) look forward to the talk by the DO or some other bethel-heavy about how all the current events are stacking "exactly as the Bible says"? And every one Ooooo's and Ahhhhh's. I'm sure they'll still have those talks, but we wont be seeing covers like the infamous "1914 Generation" Asleep! anymore. The actual "food" will focus on loyalty, submission, and CONTROL.

To sum up... They've gotten too "smart" to say/do anything that would cause a mass exit. I see a struggle to couteract the numbers that are leaving. The problem is those numbers are increasing. I'd like to see their neglegible growth turn into a slow decline. But they'll fudge their numbers. We all know they're not above lying to support their opinions.

Wha happened said it... in the end a corporations only purpose is to survive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit