Another Question for JW Apologists...

by Jack Burton 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

Did 'He' leave Christendom 1900 years ago, was 'He' ever along for the bloody ride, history answers.

The Witnesses have their problems but its nothing in comparison to Christendom and the blood trail they leave on the earth.

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Ok…. I’m in a JW apologist mood today so I will have a go at replying to your question, now that Reniaa has taken a rest for the time being….

The answer is actually in the bible. Back in the first century the bible clearly shows that gods spirit was operative on the congregations back then. Pentecost, gifts of the spirit, etc…. But though there was ‘solid’ evidence that he was with them back then there were still a lot of cases where people in the congregations were not whole souled for Jehovah:-

(Acts 20:27-30) . . .. 28 Pay attention to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the holy spirit has appointed YOU overseers, to shepherd the congregation of God, which he purchased with the blood of his own [Son]. 29 I know that after my going away oppressive wolves will enter in among YOU and will not treat the flock with tenderness, 30 and from among YOU yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things to draw away the disciples after themselves.

(2 Peter 2:1) 2 However, there also came to be false prophets among the people, as there will also be false teachers among YOU. These very ones will quietly bring in destructive sects and will disown even the owner that bought them, bringing speedy destruction upon themselves.

(1 John 2:18-19) 18 Young children, it is the last hour, and, just as YOU have heard that antichrist is coming, even now there have come to be many antichrists; from which fact we gain the knowledge that it is the last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they were not of our sort; for if they had been of our sort, they would have remained with us. But [they went out] that it might be shown up that not all are of our sort.

So the same question could be put to the congregations back then, but the evidence showed that gods spirit was still operative on them back then, despite the fact that some people were not pure hearted in their love for Jehovah………

Why would it be any different today…????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit