Isle of the Dead

by compound complex 15 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
  • BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

...and yet pulsing with such energy and life!

Lovely, CoCo, thank you.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Nice painting, CoCo.

You must be an air sign. Your winds have a strong voice.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Do not expect my imminent return, Dearest Isola. Matters of a most urgent and grave nature have torn me from the home I love ...

From those dear humans whose cherished society I commenced missing within moments of my sighting of Charon. The inevitable arrived sooner than I might have ever imagined. Robust health, love of life, piety toward God ... these three provide no defense against destiny nor release from the dismal glide over Acheron. Yet, in a most unexpected and singular fashion, I sense that I have become a man to the utmost degree.

The irrational fears that plagued my entire, pitiful life have evaporated, releasing my heart and soul from nothing less than an iron, viselike grip. It is true that I am scarcely at liberty to refuse Fate's request to accompany her to my newest, and perhaps not so dreaded, domicile. I am, however, free to accept joyfully - as a man possessing the courage of his forebears - that I shall reside for eternity on the Isle.

Row, Charon, row. Lead me unto my long-awaited estate ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn0L9-vxv0g

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Robust health, love of life, piety toward God ... these three provide no defense against destiny nor release from the dismal glide over Acheron.

~~~

Powerful!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Dear Baba and cameo!

Only ealier this evening did Rachmaninoff's incredible tone poem come up on NPR. I had forgotten the enchantment of the piece. I put up on an easel within my viewing range this black and white painting and "drew" energy and inspiration as I listened to Isle of the Dead on a window other than JWN.

Isn't our being open to all glorious, physical sensations a wonderful thing?

Grateful for your input, I remain

CoCo

• myelaine
    myelaine

Whoever seeks to save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Myelaine,

It could not have been better stated!

Thanks!

CoCo

• I quit!
  • I quit!
    I quit!

Nice piece. Never heard it before.

Share this

Google+