Post a Picture Thread - Nice to Meet You !

by flipper 2310 Replies latest members private

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

talesin - so nice to have that pretty happy smile in your picture to go with your icon.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

EoM, yeah, I was just joking. Hey, is it true that the pyramids are extremely close to the city? Did the photographer have to pose you with the city behind him?

$20 for a camel ride with narrated tour seems like a bargain! I think it's awesome that you've done some globetrotting after living life in the JW fishbowl for so long.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse
    Keyser, just saw that the other day. He was a loveable fellow though wasn't he?
  • EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

GrreatTeacher, the pyramids are very close to the city, but they don't surround it. It's all desert at and past them. This is a pic I took when driving near them, you see the pyramid in the background. From the pics, the city would be on the right hand side if he turned to face right (outskirts of city).

But the really cool places were around Luxor, like the Temple of Abu Simbel.

Egypt was really cheap! (If you have travel experience and go a backpacker's pace). I did a 3 day nile cruise, had great food and real nice room for $40 a night.

But yea, after I learned TTATT, I had been 'waiting' to do anything until after the big A, when I was hit w/ the reality that my only chance may be now, I bought a roundtrip ticket to Europe 5 months apart and did backpacking/hosteling used a trainpass and easyjet/ryanair. Best experience of my life! I'm going through big withdrawals now since it was a few years ago and craving another experience like that haha.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Ryanair and best time of your life. That is two things you rarely hear in the same sentence!
  • flipper
    flipper
    Nice pictures - Question_Mans-Interpretation & Endofmysteries - Thanks for posting them ! It's so nice to see smiling, happy faces after exiting the JW organization ! Awesome stuff
  • EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Ryanair and Easyjet are NOT fun, they nickle and dime you to death if you don't do it right, but in the USA you don't have any airlines that you can get flights for $25 to $50 each way. Nowadays it's hard to get a round trip anywhere in USA for under $250/$300. If we had a system like ryanair and easyjet, I'd be taking cross country weekend trips all the time.

Thanks Flipper!

• flipper
    flipper
    ENDOFMYSTERIES- Such cool pictures you post of camels, the pyramids, the Sphinx and your Egyptian experiences, really cool. Thanks again
  • talesin
    talesin

It is great to see folks posting pics --- FREEDOM!

No, I'm not blue,,, *grins* .. and thank you for the compliment on my smile.

To Q_M_i ....proud of you! Now, choose happiness when you get up in the morning, be glad you are free, and most of all, follow your bliss. xoxo :sunflower::earth_americas:

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Fair point Flipper. Easyjet have improved a lot with seat allocation and other things that make the experience not too bad at all. I use them lots.

I still hate Ryanair though!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit