Gleaning work now, not harvest

by eby 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I heard this term used a while ago too. I think quite a few latched onto the term. I just thought "damn that's pretty creative".

Too many in western lands are hitting the wall as far as the 'field service' goes. It's like they know they are just driving around, hitting the coffee and doughnut shops just putting in time.

About the only people that do come into the 'truth' these days in this part of the world are basically society's left-overs, therefore "gleaning" seems an appropriate term.

Path

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Seems to me.......

.............. that the WTS has failed to properly store the grain that's been harvested already and so the numbers are decreasing in most western lands. Seems the wheat silos leak like a sieve!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."

Anonymous

• ballistic
    ballistic

One elder at my congregation had the term "the new system is so near, you can almost reach out and touch it!" that was about 20 years ago. I often wonder if he still uses it.
    The other thing he used to say was... "we are allready in paradise, a spiritual paradise".
    I wonder if this is some way of consoling people, making them feel like they have some kind of paradise even if the real one's not coming.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I wonder if this is some way of consoling people, making them feel like they have some kind of paradise even if the real one's not coming.

Oh, definitley. The expression "spiritual paradise" came into vogue after the failure of the 1975 date as a way of calming the R&F. Of course, thousands, if not millions, know in their hearts that it's not 'paradise'!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."

Anonymous

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit