Is the Watchtower is blind to Jesus' teachings?

by Fernando 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

When one enters a Kingdom Hall he for the most part hears Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah! It's Jehovah this & Jehovah that through-out an entire meeting; only to return the next time to hear the same 'Jehovah' chant!

Yet Jesus' own words at John 17:3 stress: 'This means everlasting life their coming to know you.... and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.'

In fact there is a public talk entitled 'How To Gain Everlasting Life' (something to that effect) based on John 17:3. The outline focuses on 'Jehovah' with no mention at all of the requirement of taking in knowledge of Jesus for salvation. It's as though WT is 'BLIND' to JW's indebtedness to God's Son. No surprise to me though!!!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Fernando - "Some might say though that 'filtered' is a kind euphemism for 'twisted'."

Well, I try to be tactful. :)

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Vidiot , I would love to know the scripture where Jesus said not to follow men?
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Don't remember, actually, but I'm pretty sure he said it.

If he didn't, it's in the Bible somewhere.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Vidiot , I would love to know the scripture where Jesus said not to follow men?

What he clearly said is dont follow or believe in false prophets and be wary of them.

The WTS is most diffidently a false prophet, a commercialized one at that.

If a man speaks of understanding of the written word and it does not come true, then he spoken presumptuously

from himself, he does not have god's spiritual guidance.

The WTS and the people who run it are just and always be an organization of charlatans .

• flipper
    flipper

" Is the Watchtower Blind to Jesus Teachings ? "

I'd think that's a pretty fair assessment. Yes indeed

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I don't think the WT are blind to Jesus' teachings - they just choose to put him in the corner.

And nobody puts Jesus in the corner! Grrrr 😡

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit