Smaller PDF versions of 1928 & 1931 Messengers -- Can be emailed

by cabasilas 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I've had a couple of requests for smaller PDF versions of the 1928 and 1931 Messenger Convention Reports. These are not searchable, but are easily read and are also bookmarked. The advantage of these versions is that they can be emailed.

The 1928 Messenger is larger, just under 13 MB. This should attach and email with many systems such as Gmail and AOL. It can be downloaded from this filesharing site:

1928 Messenger (12.6 MB):

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?
    f=52495bdbc29e0cf4717464e13c911039

The 1931 Messenger file is much smaller, only 12 pages. (There were other issues of the Messenger for that convention. Perhaps someday we'll be able to scan those too.) This file is under 4 MB, bookmarked but not searchable. It should attach to almost all email providers. It can be downloaded from this filesharing site:

1931 Messenger (3.2 MB):

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?
    f=6b794edf76601961fe02b89fffb40c82

Hopefully, these will circulate amongst many JWs. Both the 1928 and 1931 Messengers have pictures of Rutherford with his fancy 16 cylinder Cadillac. They show Rutherford as the "main attraction" at the Convention. The 1931 Messenger has, of course, two whole pages and several pictures of Beth Sarim. (It was the convention where they adopted the name "Jehovah's Witnesses.") The 1928 Messenger has the text of a lecture by C.J. Woodworth on how to sell the Judge's books to "prospective customers."

No need to put the JW in the defensive on these items. Just plant the seed of doubt that can come to fruition later.

Pass these around!

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

Thank You

• yknot
  • bereanbiblestudent
  • cabasilas
    cabasilas

Thanks, C.T. (say hi to Maria for me!) and yknot! And thanks bereanbiblestudent for mentioning the 1939 Messenger too.

Here's some ideas for some seed planting of doubt. So, you're a lurker or a semi-fader and you're still in contact with JW friends. You could add a line like this to an email:

"Did you realize that it's been 78 years that we've been known as Jehovah's Witnesses? I just got a PDF file of a newspaper published by the Society from the 1931 assembly where we got that name. I'm sending it along as an attachment. It's really interesting to see what the brothers were doing back then."

[Now isn't that simple?]

Or, if you want to "place" the 1928 Messenger instead...

"I just got this PDF file of a newspaper the Society published for the 1928 convention. It was one of those special conventions mentioned in the Revelation book. It has pictures of Bethel with just one factory building and one residence building. XXXX [Here mention someone you both know that's been a Bethelite] would get a kick out all the pictures in it of Bethel! I'm sending it along as an attachement. It's really interesting to see what the brothers were doing back then."

[And you don't even have to ask for a contribution for the world-wide preaching work!]

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Cabasilas & Bereanbiblestudent:

Thank you both for making these files available and small enough for email.

Keep em coming!

N.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

You're welcome, Atlantis and Nevada!

Some thoughts for those engaging in this email "service." If you email the 1931 Messenger and the subject of Beth Sarim comes up, you could do this as a "return visit" (or "back call" for some of you):

"Yes, that was interesting to read about that house in San Diego that Brother Rutherford lived in. I guess they really believed it was going to be used for resurrected prophets. Here's a PDF of an old Consolation (this was the magazine that was later renamed Awake!) from 1942 that tells the whole story about that place."

And then you attach this PDF (the May 27 1942 Consolation)....it's only about 5 MB. You can download that here:

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=4cddb6a808b3b4a6da6fab40e5e922fa

All you've done is shared interesting old Witness publications that contain crazy stuff. You aren't sharing "apostate" materials. The stuff speaks for itself.

• middleman
    middleman

Excellent! Thank-you so much!

Blessings...

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

That is very informative. Thanks!

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Thanks, Middleman and Straightshooter! Hoping these files get around to help some JWs in research of their history.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit