Black people will be white in the new system

by bluecanary 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

What makes me agree with Jws is the fact they are humble enough to recognise were mistakes have crept in and make the changes even if the shallow judgemental people will view this against them. Jw's accept they are fallible unfortunately the anti-witnesses cannot accept fallibility in their overseers they want what isn't yet available.

So getting these gloriously wrong and having to recant is a sign of being used by God? Very interesting notion.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

This is no small mistake,

There are clear scriptures that all men are created equal. This is not NEW LIGHT that is subject to inerpretation.

So my thoughts are, how does GOD view those that understand this before the organization does that is GOD sole channel?

THe R&F have no voice, the annoited have no voice.

How does the organization view those individuals that already know what the org does not? Are they treated humbly?

Will God look at the individual hearts of those that choose not to stay within an organization that teaches something that

clearly is not from the scriptures? Or does he give those that stay a pass because they follow along until the heads of the organization get

it right? Or is God teaching the heads of the organization through it's shallow judgemental members?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/173092/3/Black-People-Will-Turn-White-as-They-Near-Perfection

There was a blurb , I think it may have been in a wiki article, about Baptists teaching of a segregated heaven years ago.

I tried to find the notation again, but I think it has been removed.

Day to day it seems that the internet is being "sanitized" from things that religions now find embarassing.

Truth is often more easily erased than lies.

• Atomahawk
    Atomahawk

Reniaa says: What makes me agree with Jws is the fact they are humble enough to recognise were mistakes have crept in and make the changes even if the shallow judgemental people will view this against them. Jw's accept they are fallible unfortunately the anti-witnesses cannot accept fallibility in their overseers they want what isn't yet available.

Your use of the words “mistakes have crept in” is really minimizing the gravity of their attitude at the time. A mistake doesn’t creep in, it is simply done. Errors in judgment, lack of proper understanding etc. may very well be the case here if one really wants to stretch the imagination. The crux of the problem regarding their comportment is simple, how could they have not known that their attitude was in direct opposition to gods word that you so ardently defend? Even an allowance for ignorance can not explain away the fundamental truth that was blatantly manifest at the time. This is not some obscure subject matter that could be misunderstood and adjustments would be forthcoming. It’s a foundation building block regarding true belief in god and the teachings of Jesus. Fallibility of man is not in question here, the application of gods law and the teachings of Jesus in it’s most simplistic form as viewed by the GB is though. And this “fact they are humble enough” is of course after the fact that they are shown for what they were. The black brothers were probably complaining for decades until they had their supposed new light shined down on the GB. That’s like me saying after killing someone and getting caught “I admit it, but I had a good reason” That’s not even close to being humble or even regretting my action. It’s called trying to justify, and that’s what they always do. You and many like you just won’t see it that way, because you bought the NEW light excuse and tow it around like a catholic does the cross. (no insult intended to ardent catholic readers)

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Herd, a member of the GB, is black - and has a moustache.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Black people will be white in the new system

Then how will the cops know who to hassle?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

What makes me agree with Jws is the fact they are humble enough to recognise were mistakes have crept in and make the changes even if the shallow judgemental people will view

this against them. Jw's accept they are fallible unfortunately the anti-witnesses cannot accept fallibility in their overseers they want what isn't yet available.

Problem: What if a fairly astute JW had recognized that this black/white stuff was, quite frankly, nonsense, and pointed it out? He or she would have been punished for their disagreement. You can't be fallible and make up the rules as if you were infallible, especially where people's lives are at stake.

I don't think anyone is expecting infallibility from any human in this scenario. But the WTS imposes harsh punishment for questioning them, even when the WT later changes the rules, all the while claiming fallibility. I've never heard of them un-doing a disfellowshipping based on new light.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Significantly, the WTBTS began to shift its views on the 'status' of black people around the time that the Civil Rights movement gained steam across the nation...

The Mormons shifted their attitudes towards black people when anti-prejudice legislation began appearing within Congress/the Senate that would punish segregated organizations...

Human expediency, not divine inspiration...

Zid

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Dude, how did I forget that this thread existed? Thanks everyone for your responses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit