what was the jw`s high water mark?

by warmasasunned 20 Replies latest jw friends

• TMS
    TMS

Actually, Reniaa, a relatively young witness, such as yourself would not have the perspective to answer such a question. After you've been a JW for fifty or more years, you will be able to look back at the doctrinal flip-flops, the failed prophecies, the organizational misjudgements of your era.

I'm relatively certain that each successive generation of JWs have experienced a certain ebb and flow of organizational energy. During Pastor Russell's heyday, when he was "putting the hose on hell" in debates with clergymen and writing a weekly newspaper column published in dozens of newspapers, I'm sure the brethren felt energized. Then 1914 came and went and Russell fell into a depression with an obviously failed prophecy.

In the years preceding 1925 when JWs expected an earthly resurrection of "ancient worthies' to rule as princes on the earth, I'm sure things got exciting. When that didn't happen, there had to be a letdown.

As you read, for many of us the years before the failed prophecy concerning 1975 were exciting.

You'll just have to find your own high and low points, Reniaa.

tms

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit