Amityville horror house and Roswell UFO's...a good example of myths, lies spread as facts!

by Witness 007 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• megs
    megs

Admittedly, I am a skeptic, so I googled the gentleman mentioned in the article posted by the borg... Turns out the guy is in bankruptcy and stopped paying the mortgage... methinks there is more than a ghost in his closet...

• metatron
    metatron

Ordinarily, displays of emotion don't impress me but a number of the UFO accounts and particularly Roswell involve people who have experienced something that nearly puts them into a state of shock.

http://www.artgomperz.com/news2/greatone.htm

Jackie Gleason was reported by his wife to be utterly stunned, nearly speechless after supposedly being shown the alien bodies. It upset her. There have also been a number of deathbed confessions about Roswell that left some stunned.

I believe it was the History channel that showed an interview of a woman who was a secretary at Wright -Paterson who knew about the strange metal-like material that couldn't be cut or wrinkled. She indicated that she was over 70 and they couldn't do anything to her, in breaking her silence.

I would also point out the need to be suspicious of debunker attempts. I was once impressed by an account in Skeptical Inquirer that asserted that absolutely nothing of any consequence happened at Kecksberg. A Sci-Fi investigation took place there and showed that this was not true, based on a wider examination of the witnesses. It's still a mystery.

The officers involved in the Bentwaters incident were visibly angry at debunker explanations about the lights they saw, in one investigation.

European officials were upset over skeptic rationalizations over the Belgian Triangle incident - which was seen by a huge number of witnesses, police, also photographed and tracked on radar and chased by NATO jet fighters.

metatron

• Mary
    Mary

I saw something on TV a few years ago where they were able to zoom in on the piece of paper that General Ramsey is holding in this famous picture, and decipher it. I can't remember the whole thing, but there was enough in there to make me realize that it most certainly was not a weather balloon that crashed.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Leolaia makes a very good point. I'm sure many of these people who are now coming forward with tales of crashed saucers and their crew really believe they saw something unearthly. They're more than likely just mistaken, and conflating some memories, rather than lying. Its interesting how people can generate memories that are quite different from how things actually occurred. But I wouldn't be surprised at all to find several who are just attention seekers, and a handful who want to try to make some cash from it.

Until 9/11, I think it was useful for factions of the US military and spy agencies to encourage the belief in UFOs, as a cover for their experimental craft that would be spotted. They could even manage to refine various psychological warfare techniques and get practice on disinformation campaigns. But I think its just too dangerous for them now to get alot of false hits being reported and clogging up the channels needed to quickly track real airborne threats.

Metatron

I heard that anecdote about Gleason. But thats all it is so its not that persuasive to me. The Belgian Triangle and the Bentwaters incident are interesting. But in both cases, its more plausible to believe secret experimental craft were involved rather than ETs.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Megs I too was skeptical of the "huanted Mansion".....there is always someone selling something in these cases...even those Ghost hunter shows need to show SOMETHING each week...a little fishing line on a chair can help!

• metatron
    metatron

Here's the Roswell telegraph photo:

http://roswellproof.homestead.com/

The crafts witnessed at Bentwaters and Belgium acted in ways far beyond present aircraft capabilities, as many UFO incidents do. The Cash-Landrum incident was carefully analysed and bears serious attention. The victims appeared to have radiation poisoning.

metatron

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Metatron,

Thanks for the link to the page on the contents of the memo. All I can say is I have a very hard time seeing how those blurred blown up images could be made out into any definite phrases. I have an easier time seeing some of supposed "demonic" subliminal images in the Wt literature. Then again what does that say about me, if we really just see what we're fixated on?) Hmm, no wonder those inkblots always make me feel flush.....sorry, back on topic.

I take all the death-bed testimonies more seriously. Especially when several of those people aren't making any profit from it. Corso's book on the other hand (on how the Roswell Crashed disc's tech was reverse engineered and filtered into our own tech) was completely a money grab.

I definitely believe that the Cash-Landrum incident with the two women and the child is genuine. IIRC, they saw a diamond shaped craft that seemed to be ejecting alot of flames etc being followed by helicopters. So its not too much of a stretch to say that instead of being a UFO they were trying to fly, it was rather a military craft that had trouble and the choppers were making sure it got back to base. Unfortunately those witnesses were exposed to whatever the craft was spewing. (Maybe a faulty nuclear core for power or for some kind of reactor as the engine?).

The Belgian Triangle's manoeuvers are hard to explain, if we take the eyewitness testimony at complete face value. But should we assume they're making completely accurate reports? What if they were overestimating several things like acceleration? If the craft they spotted were testing out some very advanced experimental tech on antigravity, they'd have unusual and unconventional movements. Even if they weren't actually fantastical, they would still seem like nothing on earth they've ever known, and that impression could feed into unintentional exaggeration by the eyewitnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit