Anyone Trying To Lose Weight???

by cognac 23 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

I no it's off topic, but oh well... Anyways, just went to the gym, it was ok... Everyone tells me I look great for just having a baby, however, I've already lost the baby weight... I need to lose the marriage weight... Ackk, it's gonna take forever... Anyone in the same boat???

• Scully
    Scully

Well, I'm not thinking of it as "trying to lose weight". I'm working on having a healthier lifestyle - better food choices and more activity - the 35-pounds of weight lost is a pleasant side effect.

• cognac
    cognac
    the 35-pounds of weight lost is a pleasant side effect.

I lost 34 pounds in 6 days... That was after having a baby though... Of course, I almost died giving birth...

The rest of the weight is unpleasantly sticking to me no matter what I friggen do...

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

I don't care if I never lose another pound, but I would really like to overcome my compulsive eating. I was just looking at books on the topic. I think I'm going to pick up these two tomorrow:

Eating the Moment: 141 Mindful Practices to Overcome Overeating One Meal at a Time

The Food and Feelings Workbook: A Full Course Meal on Emotional Health

I have absolutely no control over myself. It's kinda scary. Being unemployed is not helping.

The funny thing is, I have a great body image, I think I look great. And I have a loving family and wonderful boyfriend. That rubs out two of the most common reasons for compulsive eating. I'm going to have to psychologicalize myself.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Cognac, my stepdaughter is breast feeding her new baby, and she's losing weight like crazy.

Bluecanary, are you sure that you're not hypoglycemic?

• poppers
    poppers

It helps to do some sort of endurance exercise, like jogging, biking, or swimming on a regular basis. That increases the work of slow twitch muscles which in turn stimulates an increase in mitochondria. It is mitochondria that uses fat to create energy. Also, make sure you have a diet that has plenty of fiber so that your elimination is good, which means you'll need to increase your water intake. People are literally full of $hit that doesn't get eliminated like it should, and that adds a lot of extra weight, not to mention it just doesn't feel good.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Bluecanary, are you sure that you're not hypoglycemic?

No . . . I'm not sure about anything . . . ever.

Alls I know is I eat nonstop, I'm never hungry but I always want to be putting food in my face. I don't get sick, just pleasantly full. But I never stop eating. And at least half of what I eat is sugar.

I believe eating is what I do to avoid doing other things. I'm extremely introverted. Leaving the house, especially alone and to new places, is stressful for me. Phone calls are stressful. I'm also lacking a routine right now, and that is stressful. Being on the computer and eating are what I do to avoid these things. My problem is less physical than psychological. I need to become comfortable while NOT eating.

• The Berean
    The Berean

I'm not trying ... I'm losing weight. For me, it's simple and difficult at the same time. I'll call my program Honesty.I don't lie to myself about what I put in my mouth. I don't care what is wrong in my head; what part of my body doesn't work right; my age; or how huge Grandpa was ... I can't wear what I don't consume. I have gone from 325 pounds to 240 pounds over the past few years and have never been on a "diet." In fact being on a diet for me causes constant thoughts about food which is counterproductive. Oh yes, I have studied exercise, calories, fats, and portion control and how all those factors play their role in body mass.. I know I eat for comfort and therefore I try to avoid stressful situations. I should continue to loose weight untiol my days are done if I keep an inventory of everything I consume and then adjust accordingly.

• cognac
    cognac
    Cognac, my stepdaughter is breast feeding her new baby, and she's losing weight like crazy.

I am to and for some reason it's not coming off...

• cognac
    cognac
    It helps to do some sort of endurance exercise, like jogging, biking, or swimming on a regular basis. That increases the work of slow twitch muscles which in turn stimulates an increase in mitochondria. It is mitochondria that uses fat to create energy. Also, make sure you have a diet that has plenty of fiber so that your elimination is good, which means you'll need to increase your water intake. People are literally full of $hit that doesn't get eliminated like it should, and that adds a lot of extra weight, not to mention it just doesn't feel good.

lol, thanks for the tip!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit