My story...(part 1)

by IronHill 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• IronHill
    IronHill

My parents were already witnesses when I was born, therefore I was raised in their version of “the truth”. I was baptized at the age of 11, and became a regular pioneer at the age of 13. I did that for about 5 years, and honestly they weren’t all bad times. A lot of my friends then pioneered too, so we spent a lot of time goofing around out in service. I was named a MS at the age of 18 and did get to the point where I went out and gave public talks, brought a couple of people into the truth. I finally moved to a cong that needed more help. I married and we had two beautiful little girls.

During my marriage, I lost my privileges because the elders felt I wasn’t fulfilling my obligations to the maximum. (I was married and a father now, but that didn’t matter.) When I lost all privileges I became discouraged and stopped attending meetings. At first I felt guilty, but all those doubts in my mind that I had pondered on since I was a teenager began to come up again, and this time I began to investigate them instead of ignoring them. OMG! Was I in for an eye opener. I couldn't believe was I was hearing and reading.

My wife decided she wanted “greener pastures” and left me for a co-worker, and we divorced the next year. I had to get my bearings, start over a single life, and raise my two daughters now. I moved again, and that time made no efforts to find the nearest cong. The elders found me though and counseled me, but to no avail. I wasn’t going back. I found a “worldly girlfriend” and decided my life was better off.

But the elders had other plans…

(to be cont’d)

• sacolton
    sacolton

Wow! Welcome to the club. My wife left me too.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Thank you for sharing....Awaiting Part II

• The Berean
    The Berean

Did your wife come rom a similar background?

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome, IronHill

Eager to read what you found out....

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Can't wait to read more!

• IronHill
    IronHill

Thanks for the replies...

sacolton: It definitely is not a good experience!

The Berean: Yes she was raised as a witness as well...she was disfellowshipped for what she did.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Eagerly awaiting part II. I know the feeling. My husband left me and our two kids 3 effin' times!

• IronHill
    IronHill

cont'd...

They decided to follow me, to keep tabs on me, to catch me doing something wrong. They finally saw me with my girlfriend and decided to call me and request a meeting. I put it off for as long as I could, but finally agreed to a time and place (at the time is was the only way to keep them from hounding me).

During this same time, me and this girl were having issues and we ended the relationship. When I met with the elders, I advised them of this, and they just counseled me and sent me on my way (I know, I was shocked too).

I have been on and off for some time now, considering that my family is very active and I don’t want to lose them. Like eight months ago I went to a JW party and met this very nice “sister” who exchanged numbers with me.

Well needless to say we fell in love, and we are getting married in Sept. She has been the best thing that has happened to me. We have learned a lot from each other, to the point where we both know that the witnesses do not have the truth and that we no longer want to be part of this org. But we continue to fake it for the sake of our families (honestly I’m not doing much of anything right now).

Perhaps one day she’ll log in and introduce herself, but for now she’s a lurker, lol…

Unfortunately we are still hounded by family and elders that want us to be “active” again, but we are just biding our time, to fade out completely. Perhaps then, we’ll be free…

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I'm glad you're fading together. But, yeah, the only reason I smile and nod when certain things come up is I don't want to upset my elderly JW parents.

I don't live near them anymore, so it's easier.

Good to have you here!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit