If This is Not the Tribulation, then What is? California Budget Woes. More Crazy E-mails

by VIII 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• VIII
    VIII

Speaking about crazy e-mails from JW relatives:

This is one I got regarding California's budget problems. This is from a JW who lives in a state on the east coast telling the JW who lives in California to leave because the Tribulation has obviously begun:

Hi XXXXX,

Here is excerpt from the article you sent me re: calif. lack of $$$.

"Personal income fell this year in California for the first time in 70
    years, leading to a 34 percent plunge in income tax revenue during the
    first half of the year."

This is very significant. That is just over 1/3 of the normal annual
    take for the State's needs to survive. The article was gloom and
    doom for the state of Calif. Even closing state parks, cutting school
    services, medical and social, etc. Those are necessities that are being
    cut.

This is only the beginning.

If you are able to sell and escape the state of Calif., grab any window
    of opportunity. Take the $$$ and run for your life.

If this is not "tribulation", then what is?
    My state and other states are also suffering bad. It will only get worse.
    Use your Bible based knowledge regarding the "times" and
    act accordingly. Worldly people have no clue and will not act accordingly.

Based on what is going on and what will go on yet, most likely they will
    begin eating any animal and vege and fruit they can
    find. When that runs out, they will eat each other. Like when
    Jerusalem was surrounded and was starving. Eating their own
    children and bird droppings.

Love you,
    YYYYY

So, for those of you in the Golden state, I guess you weren't aware that you are now in the GT? I would take up dibs on the good property in, say, Malibu or anywhere along the coast line. At least you'll have a view.

I got a copy of the e-mail to remind me that it is moving east. The GT Tsunami that is. I didn't realize Jehovah went with the wind that way. Interesting theory though.

It is impossible to escape the JWs. They are like vampires, sucking the life from everyone they come into contact with. My copy of Steve Hassan's book should be here any day; I cheaped out and went with Amazon's super saver rate on shipping; my bad.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Yeah, that's way worse than the holocaust or WWI or WWII or the Spanish flu.....

...and they really are a bunch of ghouls.

• sspo
    sspo

I live in the golden state and life is not bad at all.

Good weather, beautiful beaches and women.

Restaurants are still packed with customers, people driving nice looking cars and i could go on and on.

I will let him know when i see the GT.

• VIII
    VIII

This is what I can't get through to them. They have no perspective. Zero. The fact that they are chubby, well fed, have money in the bank, etc. It just doesn't get through that they are well off compared to any previous generation.

This is what I have to deal with weekly; on the phone and in e-mails. I am starting to think they are trying to drive me insane. It simply is not working on getting me back to the KH. They don't get that.

• VIII
    VIII

sspo, let us, here on the board know when the GT starts.

We can settle in here in the east and get our bunkers ready!

• oompa
    oompa

i thought the great trib starts with the fall of babel the great?.......i could be off as i have not read my CLIMAX book in awhile........oompa

refresh my memory........and hehehehe........i got to say CLIMAX

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

If god wanted to destroy California, why not have an eatrhquake.

• sir82
    sir82

I'm starting to sense a certain desperation among JWs, that they feel that the Great Tribulation must start soon. I think this is due, in many cases, to their own personal situation, financial or otherwise.

If the GT doesn't come soon, and these guys really start to suffer - what then? The Watchtower's promises that "Jehovah would not forsake them if they put Kingdom Interests first" by dropping out of college, turning down promotions, "simplifying" their lives by selling homes and moving to the hinterlands...will all prove to be meaningless.

If the GT doesn't come soon, and "Jehovah" doesn't bail them out...then what?

I've written a few times about the wacko elder who often dramatically intones about how "the end isn't close...it is IMMINENT!". I just found out he is facing foreclosure, and the business he founded and is co-owner of is floundering. Imagine the desperation - 59 years old and nothing to show for all those years. House gone, money gone, retirement funds gone.....

For him, the world is collapsing, so the GT must come soon - or guess what? He's another poor old man facing old age with little more than a meager Social Security check and no house. 2 or 3 decades of poverty and declining health await, if Armageddon doesn't come "soon" - so he "whistles in the graveyard", trying to convince himself that it really is "imminent"....

How many thousands, 10's of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands, of JWs are in that same situation?

• VIII
    VIII

Didn't you read the e-mail?

Jehovah wants the people of California to first eat the animals, then the veges, then fruit. Then each other. I don't know how they'll eat their children and then bird poop, if they've already started eating each other. Seems off there.

So, an earthquake? No, too clean. Starve them. Perhaps the earthquakes will occur later when the peeps are really suffering.

Jehovah, the god of compassion.

Remember all those bible stories?

I need to go read Revelations again and get ready.

• VIII
    VIII

sir82, I think you are on to something.

This reminds me of 1975. They were so convinced that 1975 was The End, that I can recall family friends selling businesses and going on lavish vacations and spending like crazy because money would be worthless.

And nothing happened. And they had to start over.

Now, the frenzy is building all over again. I have not heard or had this feeling since back then. I was young and remember the frenzy. This is just like it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit