If an elder sits on J/C ...when they are corrupt themselves ?

by KAYTEE 7 Replies latest jw friends

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

If an elder who in the past has sat on a judicial committee, (and therefore being a part of determining the outcome of Bro/Sis). was later found out to have been in a sinful condition at that time, does that make the document (that he had signed as part of the three signatures), legal in the eyes of the Board?

There was a case in England where an elder had been jailed for paedophilia spreading back many years. No doubt he had sat on many J/Cs before he was found out. Would such a situation make the outcome null & void?

More appropriate could the Borg. be sued, as many other Christian Orgs have been.

KT

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

You have a PM.

• Heaven
    Heaven

My uncle was DF'ed years ago. This is another incident that cemented for me that the JWs were not with God. My uncle loved God very much and was such a kind person. No one ever told me the reasons why but I can make an educated guess. Then, the elders that DF'ed him were DF'ed themselves so they reinstated my uncle.

Rick Fearon's JC was quite the eye opener for me. He had great courage to record the meeting. Way to go, Rick!

As for sueing anybody, you have to have a lot of energy, time, and money to do that so think about what you are trying to accomplish with this action. As Stephen Covey and Steven Hassan say .... "Keep the goal, the end result, in mind."

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The case Heaven states, was still a case of reinstatement, not invalidating an existing DF procedure. Reinstatement only occurs when the member is "repentant."

I imagine it happens often that an elder on a JC was found to be "in sin." Typically, the procedures of others would be found to be complete and guided by Holy Spirit (or some crap like that).

As far as sueing, anyone can sue anyone for anything. Members are trained not to even consider doing it- mind control cult ya know.
    Most judges would not want to award money in a religious matter, but would probably ask that the religious procedures be repeated if they can be, or that the procedures for reinstatement be considered. But who knows?

• ninja
    ninja

would it be possible to get a copy of rick's JC?

• awildflower
    awildflower

Just more proof that Holy Spirit is NOT with these idiots during those JC's!............wf

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    would it be possible to get a copy of rick's JC?

Ninja, here you go:

http://www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com/5flyonthewall.html

• oompa
    oompa

It happens a lot....threre are tons of secret sinning elders......i know of one city overseer who dfd dozens and was bangin his best friends wife for years....even bought an rv and was always takin it to "the shop" and was doin it at rest stops and parks.......i have never heard of anybody getting a re-do or the like.......oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit