When Did You First Get Exposed To "Apostate" Info? How Did It Affect You?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

As a kid, I used to read all the Watchtowers of the 40s and 50s to see how the present day information developed from its original "thought". I was exposed to many eye opening statements but I swept them under the carpet (although it stayed in the recesses of my brain) until the time was right.

So for me, it was a gradual thing.

How were you affected by your first encounters with "apostate" material??

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I stumbled onto Kent`s site..The information was over welming..

The more I read,the more I wanted to read..

The Internet is kicking the shit out of the WBT$..And..There`s nothing the WBT$ can do about it..

.............LOL!!...OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

The internet sealed the deal.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I found Randy's site and it lead me here to all you fella's.

• minimus
    minimus

Randy's site is invaluable!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Randys site "FreeMinds" was my next discovery..Then JWD/JWN..

..................OUTLAW

• Open mind
    Open mind

Rabid, foaming at the mouth sign-wavers at conventions.

To most JWs, including myself, they were a sad freak show to be observed from the corner of my eye.

They just reinforced all the "anti-apostate" counsel we got from the Borg.

The first apostate info that really sunk in for me was www.AJWRB.org

Of course, I didn't think it was really apostate at the time or I wouldn't have read it. Probably.

Gradualism is the gateway to destruction, err, freedom.

Watchtower was right all along.

om

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

I read information about JW in the public library. Some witnesses worked there so I (15 years old) had to take a constant look over my shoulders. I was scared the elder watched we me reading the public JW file overthere. Ten years later I got internet on my room and took a look at H20 Hourglass everyday. I was scared about reading the information about 1799, 1874 and the original teachings about 1914. It was the beginning of my sarcasm about the JW writersstaf.

Gorbatchov

"History is a capricious character.
    It depends on who writes it."

• blondie
    blondie

I read Barbara Harrison Grizutti's book in the late 70's. Some parts seemed bizarre and did not measure up to what I knew about Bethel but it got me thinking.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I was out for about a year and a half before I went looking. I didn't believe it was true I had pretty much realized that the belief in god was ignorant but I hadn't started looking closely at witness beliefs. I basically did it because my family wouldn't leave me ALONE. I kept getting that 'you KNOW it's the truth, you know it's the truth... So I started researching just go get ammo to make them leave me alone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit