gimme a break!

by stillin 27 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

i respect your path.........i do think our personal faith was a form of self delusion........as hard as i tried to feel it deep inside, i never did.....being raised in it is harder to find i think, you just just ARE what you became.......no real wake up appreciative moment when you KNEW something.......prayer can help, but is is prob selfhelp...just a mental exercise thing..............oompa

you may be suprised how little voice you will have as you express any REAL feelings.....not allowed my friend.......

• stillin
    stillin

thanks, brother oompa

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What makes you think I care how you fade,or if you remain in?.....What ever you decide..Good luck..

.................OUTLAW

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Gimme a break, stillin.

Have you totally forgotten the way your own faith, which I'll assume was healthy at one time, made you feel deep inside? Was it all self-deception?

You are making blanket assumtions here. It wasn't my faith. It was my fathers faith. It wasn't self-deception, it was coersion. Threats of death for disobedience.

I am not being derogatory, stillin. Just saying how it was for me as a child of Jehovah's Terrorist.

I am over it now. My family doesn't shun me because I didn't get baptised. Thank God for that.

Cheers

Chris

• stillin
    stillin

by and large, the posters here care . Anybody can see that. Maybe you don't, but who cares?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Stillin..Some do,some don`t......Who cares?..Not me......Nor do most who have posted,or will post on your thread......

Either way your a free man to do as you wish.....Regardless of anyones opinion..

......................OUTLAW

• stillin
  • stillin
    stillin

Actually, I'm glad that my kids were never baptised. You chose your path and good for you.

But I would differ with you regarding most of the posters here. I think the basic subject matter is of serious import to most of them and there is genuine concern about each other, albeit in an impersonal internet setting.

Look at oompa's post in this thread. Sure, lots of people, like you, just want lightweight relief and have something in common with others here. But others have really meant well and spoken thier minds to each other. It's cyberspace, they're doing the best they can.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit