Explaining 'Religion' To 5 Year Old

by HesterPryne 10 Replies latest jw friends

• HesterPryne
    HesterPryne

mommy,
    Its seems that we handle this in about the same way. I want my grand daughter to come to her own conclusions. Even in regard to JW's. I allowed my daughters to attend any religious service they chose to. They attended meetings with my parents for a while. They went to church with neighbors and school friends. Neither of them attend church now. I didn't like the girls going to te KH but I let them decide. I was always afraid that if I said NO the KH would become like forbidden fruit and they would become JW''s (at least between the ages of 13 and 16.....lol)
    During the Christmas season this year my grand daughter has had several questions about the Christmas belief....which I must admit I know little about. I really need the 'Religion For Dummies' book. I don't recall my own daughters coming home at 5 years old with so many religious questions.
    I love explaining things to my grand daughter. We have spent a lot of time since Sept. 11 talking about the US, the flag,and presidents. (She is particularly interested in the ones on the $$ in my purse.) She recites the Pledge of Alleigence now, which I am sure delights my mom. When my girls were in school patriotism wasn't so popular. I Don't think they even saluted the flag.
    It is so amazing to watch young ones grow and learn....and you are right..it all happens very quickly.

~HP~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit