Post-Caturday Surprise

by bluecanary 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

I plan to talk to the SPCA about it tomorrow. We're not going to keep them. But they are adorable.

I have temporarily named them. The feisty one that keeps slapping his siblings is Shake. The sleepy, slow one is Meatwad and the alert, intelligent looking one is Frylock. (For those who don't know, it's from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.) My mother thinks these are horrible names and is determined to call them by some girly, frou-frou names like Winkin', Blinkin' and Nod.

• White Dove
    White Dove

You are doing such a good job. That little family needs you help:)

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

I spent a few minutes holding each of them tonight. The biggest has some kind of huge lump in the center of his eyeball. Definitely taking them to somebody tomorrow.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I have a cat story for you.

A few days ago there was some commotion at my neighbor's house at the edge of the road.

A few minutes later, the man of the house came out and opened his gate. He threw something over his fense. It hit the ground with a thud when he slung it over. Then I heard the slightest *meow*. I thought..."WTF???"

He grabbed the thing up, like not wanting to touch it. Held it by its head or neck and I could see a tail hanging down. he was carrying it on the far side, so I did not get a good look.

They do not own a cat. Someone hit this cat at the side of the road and as it was at the edge of his drive, the neighbor drug it off to bury it, I guess.

What disturbs me is that this cat was still alive because I heard a sound from it after the "thud" of being slung.

There was no attempt to find it's owner or to get it medical care. This is not an area with stray cats. Surely, it had to have been someone's pet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit