When you were in, did you have the Watchtower study underlined?

by asilentone 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• asilentone
    asilentone

What happens if you don't? Did they treat you differently?

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Of course they noticed.

Why do you think those who didn't study would spend 3 min. underling before they left for the meeting.

• androb31
    androb31

Absolutely!! I was on public reproof for about 6 months time. When I met w/ the JC part of why they took me off reproof was because they noticed I was "studying before meetings by my underlining" in the publications. They said that underlining answers is the sign of a mature christian.

Question 1: Why was the reproved witness removed from reproof?

Question 2: Why should you underline answers?

• VIII
    VIII

I know now why I never could return any of my college text books. Too much underlining. I underlined the crap out of them.

• wobble
    wobble

I never underlined,I always said that my comments came from my heart,not a paragraph.I also had this theory that if the Holy spirit was to direct your thoughts and words you would stop its influence by underlining.

In later years I only used to read the goddam article while they were doing the preamble and reading the first para.

Love

Wobble

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

You bet I did. I underlined, being sure to only highlight a few words rather than large blocks of text, like they taught us. I looked up the uncited scriptures and source material and made notations of it in the margins so that I could bring them out at the meeting.

No, nobody noticed or cared.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    androb said: They said that underlining answers is the sign of a mature christian.

There you have it, folks! The sign of a mature Christian!!! I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Of course I did...That is what "MOTHER' told me I had to do

So being the daft B...H that I was,am, will continue to be
    I obeyed her...>>>.( the faithful slave).Why do you think
    I had black eyes????Because I thought it was all for GOD!!!!

Yep,I am a very slow learner....

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Unfortunately, I must answer yes. I don't anymore though.

Jehovah blesses those who underline highlight according to James.

Jeff

• startingovernow
    startingovernow

Yes, not only highligted, but cited scriptures written in the margins and prepared comments written out. That is how I was taught to do it. And yes, on the rare times I didn't have time to prepare, I quickly made it look like I had. Such a shame-based group, isn't it.

I did not, however like to mark up my KMs since it made them look too messy to me. Wouldn't you know, a sister saw my unmarked KM and said, "What, you don't study the KM?" Even though it was none of her business, I explained that yes I had studied it, just didn't like to mark it up (this was before the CD-Rom so as far as I knew would always be my only copy). Her response? A glare that indicated disapproval/disbelief that I had indeed prepared.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit