Just found out I'm pregnant

by Cass 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Cass
    Cass

Just found out I'm pregnant about a month in. I've been "fading" for about 2 years now and had everything nearly exactly how i wanted. I'm still able to keep in contact with all my family just as long as the never found out about the boyfriend and the plan to never go back. Now I have no idea what I should do, my boyfriends just assuming I wont go ahead with it and I'm really not sure what I'm thinking Replies from anyone whos been in a simmilar situation or just any replies would be nice.

Thanks, Cassie

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Hi Cass,

I'm glad you have posted. How do you feel about the pregnancy and having a baby? Do you know yet?

I know it is a confusing time. You must have just found out. Give yourself a few days to sort out your feelings. You're going to be just fine.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Don't rush, don't let anyone pressure you to end it or otherwise .

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Think hard and decide what you want to do. Whether your boyfriend wants to have the baby or not, it's your decision. Whether or not your family will shun you, it's your decision. No one could or should decide except you.

• yknot
    yknot

I agree this is a highly personal decision that only you can make. Weigh things carefully as I have seen all three choices chosen with both positive and negative outcomes. You need to picture yourself 10 years down the road and contemplate your feelings.

Of course it comes down to one of three choices

1) abort

2) adoption

3) parenting

I noticed the Australian flag next to your name.

Have you considered contacting some of the unplanned pregnancy support groups (pro-choice and those that assist in adoption or aiding the expectant mother in seeking financial aid and care) in your area?

Such as..http://www.childrenbychoice.org.au/ ((please note I am not 'endorsing' this organization as I am not personally familiar with Australia but similar groups can be very beneficial in supporting you through this deciding period)

I know it is hard and the feelings swing to and fro......just breathe and discern your own heart. When you close your eyes in the moments of peace which scenario brings you the most satisfaction.

I am curious though why your BF is 'assuming' what he is assuming? Has he stated his feelings directly on the matter?

Sending you warm hugs of reassurance in this moment of uncertainty.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi Cass,

We got married and now we are grandparents.

I would do exactly the same if I had my time over again.

I did have an advantage though. I wasn't baptised, so shunning wasn't an issue.

You have to do whatever is best for you. Don't let anyone guilt trip you into poor decisions.

Cheers

Chris

• Cass
    Cass

Thanks everyone, your comments are much appreciated, maybye i should take a few days to think about it, I've just been panicking thinking I have to decide what to do right away.

Thanks for your suggestion yknot I have had a quick look earlier, I might have another. We had discussed this happening quite a while ago and both agreed abortion would be the best option, but now it's hapened I don't think that feels right for me.

I'm glad things worked out for you Black sheep, I wish I hadn't gotten baptised, it would be a much easier decision! I'm sure a lot of people wish the same thing :)

Cass

• yknot
    yknot

I was trying to be very PC in the post above.

....but on a personal note....

We chose adoption (and hidden pregnancy as we were very young adults 18/22) initially, but lost the child before second trimester.

I say we because it was a 'we' circumstance first and a individual (as in my body) second. Every girl wants to hear him say he is scared but will make it work like Black Sheep above, but when he doesn't it hurts and hurts bad.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

If the only reason to abort is to avoid being shunned by Jehovah's Witnesses (those of the ever-changing doctrines and standards)......

• reniaa
    reniaa

Having a child should be about you and the child and no one else, not even your boyfriend since you have to decide personally either to abort or keep the baby within your own body and live for the rest of your life with that decision either way. Your boyfriend has to decide whether to stand by your choice or not. It will be a measure of your bf's character if he can stand by you at this time and his responsibility.

Reniaa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit